+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I'm not entirely sure of the quantity he was taking to be honest, but knowing him, I assume it would have been the maximum daily quantity (which i think is 25mg). I'm pretty sure he cluster ****ed his body with zinc for a while and then settled down to that kind of amount.

Interesting. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckingAngels View Post
    So I've just finished my first month of taking Propecia 0.5g daily. A general summary:

-No real persistent side effects as far as I'm aware (although i have been taking zinc supplements so perhaps that's helped alleviate potential sexual sides). If I was to be fully comprehensive, then I guess the whole process of masturbation has become (very slightly)
    harder to do- in terms of libido, erection strength etc, but its pretty much negligible.

-Shedding has got far more dramatic. A caveat is that my shedding got much worse in the weeks leading up to jumping on propecia- it was actually the motivational kick that got me to be proactive in fighting this hairloss- so that upward trend was already present. But yeah, for sure my shedding has gone through the roof. It increased as soon as I started propecia, but in the last week or so it has really gone into overdrive. Today has been a monumental shed. Every time I run my hands through my hair its like 5-10 hairs coming out, and waxing my hair this morning was like I had put superglue on my hand and slapped a wig. Another caveat potentially is that I have started applying regaine to more of my hairline, so perhaps that is also contributing to the shed increase.

I'm not overly worried about the insane shedding by itself, as I understand that it often happens and is sometimes a sign that the treatment is working well, but I am concerned when it is combined with the fact that my hairline seems to have gone to shit. At baseline, my left frontal hairline was noticeably thinning, centre frontal was fine, and right frontal was just beginning to thin. Now it seems as if the whole of the hairline has shown major signs of thinning. I don't really have much appetite for a situation where the propecia drops me way below baseline, and then then spends 6-18 months slowly dragging me back up.

But anyway, I'm not gonna quit just due to intense shedding, as that would be foolish. I am actually starting a new regime tomorrow of upping it to 1mg per day. But I am definitely pretty concerned and depressed about the dramatic- to me at least- decline in my hairline.
    Mate, you need to stop now before it is too late. What will happen is that you will kid yourself that the sides are worth the risk. You are already demonstrating classic symptoms of reduced absorbed testosterone. If you stay on this in ten years (before you are forty), your penis won't work, you will be constantly tired, you will be detached from reality. You're taking your life in your hands, which is more severe than your hair. Get off it now while you can. Also avoid minoxidil, which also buggers you up.