+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I just had SMP

Default I just had SMP

Yes, I just had SMP. The tattoo micropigmentation thing. If you think SMP is crazy then I thought exactly the same thing when I heard about it years ago....

Recently I opened up my eyes to it and decided it was worth looking into. I have done 3 months of research and made sure it was actually a decent option that could give me a decent result.

I am in my 20's. I am bald as hell. Hair transplants were too expensive, meds are a joke and I was beyond help............

I am in the process of getting this SMP......it needs 2-3 sessions but I have just had my 1st session.

So far it has been positive. The hairline has been tattooed in perfectly and generally it has been done sparse, density will be added next time.

To be honest I cannot say for certain how this will look until it is complete in a months time but for now I am hopeful.

As mad as it sounds SMP is actually possibly a very good solution considering the options that are out there.

I will keep you updated.

If anyone out there is desperate for a solution, pissed off at being very bald, then I would say consider SMP and if you want to know how I am getting on send me a private message and I'll let you know.

PS. Some main worries I had about this option were the possibilities of it turning blue as well as being able to remove it if I felt it wasn't quite how I hoped or if I get old and need to look more my age.....

If you go to the right company....

The tattoo can be totally removed with laser.

The tattoo will not turn blue as no blue pigment is used in the ink.

Pictures or didn't happen!

Nice one sausage, I think SMP is a decent option especially If you are still young, it should look wicked for tens of years. Then you can also add in some fue in the future to add some texture if you feel you need it or fancy growing it out a bit longer. Best current option at the moment, hope it goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Nice one sausage, I think SMP is a decent option especially If you are still young, it should look wicked for tens of years. Then you can also add in some fue in the future to add some texture if you feel you need it or fancy growing it out a bit longer. Best current option at the moment, hope it goes well for you.
    Cheers man.

Yeah, it is a good start, long journey though.

If it settles how I hope etc then yeah it is a good look for a young guy, even old guys. It kinda makes me want to bring out some alternative side in me. It is a very extreme thing to do, to have your head tattooed, but you get these guys with loads of body tattoo's, snazzy haircuts, piercings and in a way SMP is sort of like that, it is a creative, unique, different way of creating an identity, an image. Kinda makes me want to get some arm tattoo's to go with it.

SMP will fool people though, if you have it done properly people won't notice your head is tattooed.

How are you doing brunobald? are you in the process of fixing hairloss or have you done in the past?

Smart move man.

If I don't stop losing hair despite treatments, I'm definitely getting SMP done at a HisHair clinic, since I hear they are some of the best at SMP. I've seen some of their videos and before/after pictures and it looks sick! Huge difference from being slick bald, without the maintenance/cost/risks of systems and transplants.

I like how it's such a ridiculous idea, but it works. And I already have tattoos anyways might as well get one on my head. The alternative edgy shaved head guys will always get better girls than the stay-at-home, computer-geek NW6 with the poofy hair on the sides.

My only uncertainty about this procedure is how the SMP would blend in with the sides and back. Does your SMP blend in well?

Keep us posted on your experience man, and don't forget some pics!

Hey sausage I remember reading some of your posts a few months back you were saying this was an option for you. I'm also in my 20s, been handed down the genetics of baldness from my grandpa. I still got lots of hair but my hairline has receded quite and bit and I'm becoming thin. I can manage to make my hair look pretty good with concealer, but then again I wear a hat everyday of my life, I always have. Smp is really my only option so I am very interested to see how this turns out for you. Pictures would be great! Anyways I hope everything works out for you and good luck with your future sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Smart move man.

If I don't stop losing hair despite treatments, I'm definitely getting SMP done at a HisHair clinic, since I hear they are some of the best at SMP. I've seen some of their videos and before/after pictures and it looks sick! Huge difference from being slick bald, without the maintenance/cost/risks of systems and transplants.

I like how it's such a ridiculous idea, but it works. And I already have tattoos anyways might as well get one on my head. The alternative edgy shaved head guys will always get better girls than the stay-at-home, computer-geek NW6 with the poofy hair on the sides.

My only uncertainty about this procedure is how the SMP would blend in with the sides and back. Does your SMP blend in well?

Keep us posted on your experience man, and don't forget some pics!

Man, I have a few weeks before I can tell on the blending et al. But will let you know.

Get on the Hishair forum and start asking questions dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose4 View Post
    Hey sausage I remember reading some of your posts a few months back you were saying this was an option for you. I'm also in my 20s, been handed down the genetics of baldness from my grandpa. I still got lots of hair but my hairline has receded quite and bit and I'm becoming thin. I can manage to make my hair look pretty good with concealer, but then again I wear a hat everyday of my life, I always have. Smp is really my only option so I am very interested to see how this turns out for you. Pictures would be great! Anyways I hope everything works out for you and good luck with your future sessions.
    Man, as I said to the other dude, get on the hishair forum and start researching.

If I was a NW 5 or worse I would have already done the tattoo . The difference between how you look before and after is substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    If I was a NW 5 or worse I would have already done the tattoo . The difference between how you look before and after is substantial.
    Yeah.

I think once you reach the point where you are using too much concealer, or have to use any concealer at all, its time to shave and tat it.