X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FAA952
    • Sep 2009

I've been Using Hairmax for 2 Months...

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there was very little information posted by non-Lexington people about this product, which has rightfully lead to quite a bit of skepticism. I've decided to be bold, and if it's okay with everyone here, I'll track my results for at least six months. First a little background info...

I'm a 24 year old male, and while I don't have the worst hair loss I still find it incredibly embarassing. My hair has been thinning since I was 18, and I've used Propecia and Rogaine since then. Both provided some excellent results, but as a college student I found it to be a bit expensive to maintain. Additionally, at times I found it difficult to apply Rogaine twice a day. About a year ago, I started to feel like Propecia was having some negative effects on my you know what so I decided to quit the medication all together. Since then, I've been searching for a safer replacement. I've been off medication for about six or eight months. Instead I've been using Topikk which has done a fantastic job of hiding my hairloss. Still, it can get a bit messy and I'm always nervous that someone will one day notice it in my hair. It's also only a temporary solution. One day I'd like to get a hair transplant, but until then I've decided to settle for a Hairmax Lasercomb SE. I was able to buy it from ebay for $200.

I've used it for about two months, and use it every other day for 15 minutes. I've noticed that I'm not shedding as much as I was several months ago. I also feel like the overall texture looks thicker...but then again, I'm biased and am really hoping for some positive results. Anyways, below are the results. The first pic on the left was taken on 7-04 the second one was yesterday (9-6). I'll try to post the next update on 10-6.

• Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I am glad to hear that you think you are seeing some mild improvement in only 2 months. I have many patients that have had similar experiences to your when using the laser as a non surgical treatment option. The most common feedback I get from laser patients is a improvement in the quality of the existing hair. This often leads to easier manageability, more styling options, and the appearance of more hair. Keep us updated. I am sure there are a lot of viewers that will be watching your progress.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• FAA952
      • Sep 2009

Thanks for the kind words. I'll definitely keep updating as I progress.

Comment

• FAA952
        • Sep 2009

Bump.

I'm three months in now. Results in this month weren't too satisfying. You can't really see any substantial changes betweens months 2 and 3. If anything, month two looks better than 3. That being said, the Lexington people told me that it'd take 6 months till I really could see noticeable results. To be fair, I didn't use the comb as much as I was supposed to during this month. Work got hectic, and I'd been traveling for about half the month. I'll be strict again for this month.

On the bright side, I've barely found any hair in the sink since I started using the comb. If it can stop shedding, that in itself will be a victory.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
          • Dec 2008

Thanks for keeping us updated. Your hair looks better and if you’re shedding less then I guess it might be working for you. I’ll keep following your progress.

Comment

• FAA952
            • Sep 2009

Thanks J_B! I'll hopefully post some better results on November 7th.

Comment

• david9
              • Oct 2009

the difference between month 0 and month 2 look substantial. Thats impressive. How was this in comparison to the propecia? I assume it took a lot longer for the propecia to work.

Comment

• FAA952
                • Sep 2009

David,

I thought that the results of propecia were really good, but as mentioned in the original post, I was experiencing side affects. I also used it in addition to Rogaine which also helped with the positive results.

Here's an update. Sorry it took so long to post...my hard drive crashed and it took me a while to get up and running again. The picture was taken on Nov 7th.

I don't have copies of the original three pictures anymore, so I was unable to give a side by side comparison like before. That being said, I think the results from this month are really impressive.
                Attached Files

Comment

• FAA952
                  • Sep 2009

Perhaps this is a better view.

Attached Files

Comment

• Andyman79
                    • Apr 2009

How are things progressing with you now? You feel as though it was a worthwhile investment after 4 months or so?

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                      • Nov 2008

It looks like you may be having a little improvement along the fringes of your thinning areas. The entire thinning zone appears smaller. Unless this is an optical illusion or trick photography.
                      Dr. Glenn Charles
                      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• 8868alex
                        • May 2010

FAA952 -

Hi, I noticed your post a while back. Very good of you to take the trouble to post your results. Did you end up resuming treatment with the comb? if so, how did you get on?

Comment

Working...