+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Young Guy Fighting Aggressive Hair Loss

Hey,

I'm just going to start this log to keep track of my progress with fighting AGA/MPB/MPHL/balding whatever you want to call this genetic ****-up.

I know I've stated this many times before, yeah I'm 17.

I'm going to start this log that will hopefully become a success story, because after scouring the internet for months on end, I think I've only found two success stories of teenagers treating aggressive MPB.

And one of them was overdosing on Oral Spironolactone so that wasn't very inspirational.

I want my story over the next couple years to become a "great success" as Borat would say, so that other kids my age who notice hair loss can read about a guy who overcame it.

If you want to post any comments or advice please do so.

I will post pics soon.

4 months ago I was a NW1-2. I had very thick hair with some slight recession in the temples.

Now my temples are gone, leaving me with a NW2-3 and thinning all over.

I'm currently on

-Finasteride 1mg a day
    -Revita shampoo twice a week

and that's it.

6 weeks into this treatment and although I'm feeling optimistic about my crown, my hairline and temples are still running away from my face. I think we all completely understand this expression and the feeling that accompanies it.

I'm going to try to only come on here once a week, and post updates every month or so. I want to go out and finish high school on a good note, spend more time with girls while they still find me young and sexy, lift weights and make a little money on the side so I can trade in my Cadillac for a brand new motorcycle

Thanks everyone and good luck.

Mate, with your young age you are bound to see results from finasteride! I'm 20 and have been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now. I thought i had seen some results already but i got a haircut yesterday and looked in the mirror and i think that it has gotten worse, so at the time i felt so frustrated. But today i realised that I need to be patient and give it time. 4 months is not enough time to have huge noticeable improvements. What i have heard is that you will start noticing improvements from 6-12 months useage. My point being, just be patient and try to forget about it and do not check your hairline every day. Just take the tablet every day and let that be that.

Yeah man, I hear you

You're right about the 6-12 months. I've even heard of people being below baseline at 18 months only to find themselves improved by 2 years.

Still stressing though.

Main problem areas were the temples and perhaps the crown, but now I have huge see through gaps over the top if I don't style my hair right.

I swear, these only just appeared maybe a week ago. F***ing unbelievable.

Pretty sad to see it all go.

Going to put up pics soon.

Started blow drying my hair differently, and it looks thicker now.

Was at work yesterday, and a bald guy with a completely shaved head, average height and average looks, walked in with a very attractive girl. She wasn't dolled up either, so I bet if she was, she would have been stunning.

Motivational?

Not really, I don't care who that kid was, I just want to stop losing hair.

7 weeks on Finasteride, still not touching that Rogaine Foam. I'm seeing about 10-20 hairs in the shower, and no where else. Hairline keeps deteriorating.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Started blow drying my hair differently, and it looks thicker now.

Was at work yesterday, and a bald guy with a completely shaved head, average height and average looks, walked in with a very attractive girl. She wasn't dolled up either, so I bet if she was, she would have been stunning.

Motivational?

Not really, I don't care who that kid was, I just want to stop losing hair.

7 weeks on Finasteride, still not touching that Rogaine Foam. I'm seeing about 10-20 hairs in the shower, and no where else. Hairline keeps deteriorating.
    Comb through my finasteride thread, bruh. All the fretting over your hairline will be fruitless and maybe even detrimental. I've been there (recently).

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Comb through my finasteride thread, bruh. All the fretting over your hairline will be fruitless and maybe even detrimental. I've been there (recently).
    I had a look. You have a point, but I think we all know it's easier said than done.

Not sure if I missed it, but did your hairline ever stop getting more see-through?

I think this is either the 7th or 8th week on Finasteride.

Before, it seemed like my hair was getting worse every single day.

But today I've realized that in the last 2 weeks I haven't complained about anything new .

Is this a good sign?

Hair got a bit longer on top, and I just had the sides/back faded out again. Everything looks much better and fuller (because of the length on top).

Still taking Generic Finasteride (TEVA) from walgreens.

I'm shedding 10-15 hairs when I shower. Some days it's like 7-10, other days it will be 20.

Also, something I have been doing is not looking at my hair as much. This has seriously improved my mood 24/7, but now I'm unsure if maybe I'm lying to myself.

Thanks for reading.

11 weeks on Finasteride.

I've been growing my hair out (on top) while keeping the sides and back at 1-2 and it looks much better. I can completely hide my temples now.

I don't examine my hair up close anymore because when I do that, I just find a million things wrong with it and get pissed off. So I don't know if I have "tiny black hairs" sprouting up anywhere or whatever.

I shed about 5-10 hairs in the shower now.

No side effects.

I'm turning 18 in a few days.

Thanks for reading, good luck.

I think you should definitely get results since you are young & your loss is recent. The waiting period can be horrible though
    Length & style is everything when you are in the NW2-3 zone. Rely on this while you wait for results.
    Have you considered dutasteride at all? & same question for 2% keto shampoo?

Good luck

Default Over 3 months on Finasteride

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I think you should definitely get results since you are young & your loss is recent. The waiting period can be horrible though
    Length & style is everything when you are in the NW2-3 zone. Rely on this while you wait for results.
    Have you considered dutasteride at all? & same question for 2% keto shampoo?

Good luck
    You are so right, for me length and style is everything. It can mean the difference between walking outside feeling like Megamind versus feeling like a confident, attractive guy.

I have thought about Dutasteride, but I feel like giving Fin a try for a year (or two). So far, I haven't become half bald yet, which I thought I would be by now. If things do get worse though, I will order Avodart without hesitating.

I tried Revita for a while, but I felt like it was wrecking my hair. I know it probably wasn't, still it was becoming a pain in the ass.

But I hope you're right and I see results.

What I can say is that I have nothing new to complain about. This is big to me, because I remember back when I first started taking Propecia for about 6 weeks it seemed like I was losing more hair by the week.

Three months later and if anything, things look better because I got smarter about styling my hair. I can say with 100% certainty that my hairline is no more transparent than it was 2 months ago, if that means anything. What I can also say is before that point, it was thinning by the day almost.

All in all, I'm much more chilled out about this whole situation. Taking my 1/4th tablet of Finasteride every day has seriously changed my life.

I know that sounds corny, but it's true. Before, hair loss was all I thought about, and I swear it seemed like my hair line and crown got worse every week. But at this point, I only think about hair loss when I come out of the shower. Aside from that, my hair looks great and I feel great.

Don't get me wrong, this still f***ing sucks and I would give 5 years off my life just to keep my NW2-3.

Thanks 25 going on 65 and everyone else reading this. Good luck to everyone.