+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Isn't the recommended dose of Dut .5mg? Are you still side effect free? I think I remember you saying you take both because you are unsure if your generic dut is legit, but i personally would be concerned taking more than the recommended dose since it is a stronger med. Good luck though, and hopefully you start seeing some good results soon.
    Thank you man.

.5 mg is the standard dose yes, but clinical trials showed increased results @ higher doses. They tested up to 2.5 mg....this stuff is much more dose dependent than finasteride. However I do not want to spend the money on 2.5 mg every day

I do not notice side effects. There have been times I thought I might have some but I find it hard to tell. Even if I got sides I would stay on the med though.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Ok I went online to look it up.

Question

Where can I purchase 5% Topical Spironolactone???
    Not sure. From what I remember the anecdotes for topical were not impressive

One month in. Here are things I have noticed:

Hair seems to be a bit thicker. Hair seems slightly darker and thicker as it grows. Hair feels better and healthier.

Possibly some regrowth. Definitely have some tiny hairs randomly coming in here and there. But not 100% that this is from Avodart, or from natural growth. But the hair looks nice and thick that is coming in, so I am thinking its a bit of Avodart regrowth.

Went through a minor shed, which occurred from week 2 till about week 3.5, seems to have stopped. Most of the hair lost seemed to be thinner hairs.
    Current hair loss seems minimal. Couple hairs in the shower. Hopefully I will not experience any more sheds, but am not hold my breath about it since a lot of people have major sheds around month 2, and many people experience multiple sheds. Crossing my fingers that I won't have any more shedding.

Had a couple pimples (which I usually do not get), lips seem a little dryer, and tiny bit of dandruff. Not sure if these are related to Avodart, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Been taking 1/2 a pill of Propecia at night, which i will continue till I run out (about 1.5 months), then I'll be on just Avodart.

Seems so far, so good. I'll post once a month with updates. Unless something major occurs. Wish me luck guys, but feeling that switching over to Avodart was a good choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JHandler View Post
    One month in. Here are things I have noticed:

Hair seems to be a bit thicker. Hair seems slightly darker and thicker as it grows. Hair feels better and healthier.

Possibly some regrowth. Definitely have some tiny hairs randomly coming in here and there. But not 100% that this is from Avodart, or from natural growth. But the hair looks nice and thick that is coming in, so I am thinking its a bit of Avodart regrowth.

Went through a minor shed, which occurred from week 2 till about week 3.5, seems to have stopped. Most of the hair lost seemed to be thinner hairs.
    Current hair loss seems minimal. Couple hairs in the shower. Hopefully I will not experience any more sheds, but am not hold my breath about it since a lot of people have major sheds around month 2, and many people experience multiple sheds. Crossing my fingers that I won't have any more shedding.

Had a couple pimples (which I usually do not get), lips seem a little dryer, and tiny bit of dandruff. Not sure if these are related to Avodart, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Been taking 1/2 a pill of Propecia at night, which i will continue till I run out (about 1.5 months), then I'll be on just Avodart.

Seems so far, so good. I'll post once a month with updates. Unless something major occurs. Wish me luck guys, but feeling that switching over to Avodart was a good choice for me.

please take photos now and upload so baseline and new ones in 6 months - would be good too see how it goes