+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Scientists say they have moved a step closer to banishing bald spots and reversing receding hairlines after human hair was grown in the laboratory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24607696
    From the atricle:
    "Whenever human tissue was taken from the dermal papillae, the cells which form the base of each hair follicle, the cells would transform into skin instead of growing new hairs.

However, the group found that by clumping the cells together in "3D spheroids" they would keep their hairy identity."

From the limited information I have, this sounds similar to what Dr. Nigam is doing.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Bingo. Holding out or hoping for cell based treatment is a waste of time. There needs to be a legitimate solution NOW.
    Well, there won't be. While this is great progress (unlike some cycnics here seem to think), there are still quite a bit of problems to overcome. Angle, hair colour, sebaceous glands and other hair properties like the thickness and length all should be figured out before this can function as a cosmetic solution. And then there's the safety issue and the danger of cells going cancerous. This is going to take years of work. But we're getting there and this was one of the biggest hurdles to take.

The million dollar question is When?!?!..
    there are many companies working on growing hair.. the question is when?!
    i believe that five years from now i will be bald.. (and many other people too)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    The million dollar question is When?!?!..
    there are many companies working on growing hair.. the question is when?!
    i believe that five years from now i will be bald.. (and many other people too)
    And while we get balder, the one thing that won't change is societies shithead attitude towards balding men and women... constantly mocking us for it.

this after 40 years of research. So that will give some idea of how long before they get to the point where this becomes practical.

SORRY THIS IS OFF TOPIC but I have a question for you 35YrsAfter

Ive asked this question a few times but no one ever seems to have any real answer. curious if you have any idea from your work in Coles office. what would happen if you had laser hair removal on an area that had been transplanted into?

would the skin go back to normal color to match the forehead? would there be noticeable scarring? Im so tempted to laser out some of the transplanted hair I got done. the density just doesn't work and I dont want to do another procedure to add density due to the fact it may interfere with future treatments effectiveness down the line.

I basically want to round out the hairline through laser hair removal, taking the hairline back by about 1cm.

Yea, in a related notion, if you get a hair transplant, are you essentially ruining yourself for future treatments that regrow old hair (if they ever exist)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Yea, in a related notion, if you get a hair transplant, are you essentially ruining yourself for future treatments that regrow old hair (if they ever exist)
    No you're not.. you'd still have many follicles left in the back to use for culturing cells. You'd still have many grafts left up top in the recipient area as well. You'd have to remove and throw away or destroy follicles (all of them) to ruin chances for future treatment (cell based, anyway).

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    SORRY THIS IS OFF TOPIC but I have a question for you 35YrsAfter

Ive asked this question a few times but no one ever seems to have any real answer. curious if you have any idea from your work in Coles office. what would happen if you had laser hair removal on an area that had been transplanted into?

would the skin go back to normal color to match the forehead? would there be noticeable scarring? Im so tempted to laser out some of the transplanted hair I got done. the density just doesn't work and I dont want to do another procedure to add density due to the fact it may interfere with future treatments effectiveness down the line.

I basically want to round out the hairline through laser hair removal, taking the hairline back by about 1cm.
    We recently saw a patient who tried having some transplanted hair lasered out. It was only minimally effective. Dr. Cole had to surgically remove the grafted hair. I didn't notice any skin pigment changes from the laser on this particular patient. Another patient had SMP placed too low and had the SMP dots lasered out. In his case his skin color lightened a little. It wasn't too noticeable, but there was a slightly lighter band of skin tone below his hairline.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck