+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default aaaahhhh!!!! frustration!!!

okay guys! i've been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now! been using rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months aswell! I thought everything was going great and that i was seeing results up untill yesterday! because today i decided to go and get a haircut...the haircut is shorter than i usually would get! after the haircut i looked into the mirror and realised my hairline has gotten worse rather than seeing an improvement ahhhhh this is so frustrating! is 4 months too early to see a noticeable improvement?? i fecking hope so because i am so desperate to see results!!! not feeling too good now when i look in the mirror after my haircut i feel like i've gone backwards now!!! any advice guys??? maybe 4 months is too soon to see a noticeable improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    okay guys! i've been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now! been using rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months aswell! I thought everything was going great and that i was seeing results up untill yesterday! because today i decided to go and get a haircut...the haircut is shorter than i usually would get! after the haircut i looked into the mirror and realised my hairline has gotten worse rather than seeing an improvement ahhhhh this is so frustrating! is 4 months too early to see a noticeable improvement?? i fecking hope so because i am so desperate to see results!!! not feeling too good now when i look in the mirror after my haircut i feel like i've gone backwards now!!! any advice guys??? maybe 4 months is too soon to see a noticeable improvement!
    use good quality photos to assess your progress - NOT mirrors and memory.

Just stick with it man. It takes longer than 4 months to see improvement. I mean it can/does happen, but most say you dont see improvement from either of those treatments until 6 months to a year.

And I agree with the above poster. Take photos. Our minds/memories tend to not remember the details so well.

all i can do is just stick with it i suppose!

I have been treating for a little over 5 months now. After 2 months of treatment I had good improvement. I think I am back at baseline now if not worse.

i am kind of scared now that the finasteride isnt going to work for me! like i still have those miniturized hairs on both sides of my hairline so hopefully they will grow back to their normal thickness with the finasteride! i say a prayer every so often that it will work for me! its just worrying that after nearly 4 months of treatment, that there isn't a huge noticeable improvement!

My hair was worse at 4 months as well! It's because we go through a shed! It's definitely normal. I saw major improvement at 6 month mark and the regrowth plateaued at around 12 month mark...

Keep going brother...it's all going to be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    My hair was worse at 4 months as well! It's because we go through a shed! It's definitely normal. I saw major improvement at 6 month mark and the regrowth plateaued at around 12 month mark...

Keep going brother...it's all going to be OK
    cheers man, feels good to hear that! i've a question though. I take proscar which are 5 mg tablets. But i only take a quarter of the tablet every morning which is 1.25 mg! Is proscar(1.25mg) as effective as taking a full tablet of propecia 1mg? like does cutting the proscar tablet into quarters effect the tablet at all or is it totally okay? because it says on the box 'do not handle crushed or broken tablets'. Are there any significant differences between proscar and propecia???

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    cheers man, feels good to hear that! i've a question though. I take proscar which are 5 mg tablets. But i only take a quarter of the tablet every morning which is 1.25 mg! Is proscar(1.25mg) as effective as taking a full tablet of propecia 1mg? like does cutting the proscar tablet into quarters effect the tablet at all or is it totally okay? because it says on the box 'do not handle crushed or broken tablets'. Are there any significant differences between proscar and propecia???
    The active ingredient in proscar and propecia is finasteride. 5mg in proscar, 1mg in propecia. As long as you are taking the appropriate dose of fin which is 1mg(1.25 should be fine) it should be just as effective. I think it is only a problem for people who are not prescribed fin to handle the broken tablets to prevent accidental ingestion.

cheers