+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default aaaahhhh!!!! frustration!!!

okay guys! i've been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now! been using rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months aswell! I thought everything was going great and that i was seeing results up untill yesterday! because today i decided to go and get a haircut...the haircut is shorter than i usually would get! after the haircut i looked into the mirror and realised my hairline has gotten worse rather than seeing an improvement ahhhhh this is so frustrating! is 4 months too early to see a noticeable improvement?? i fecking hope so because i am so desperate to see results!!! not feeling too good now when i look in the mirror after my haircut i feel like i've gone backwards now!!! any advice guys??? maybe 4 months is too soon to see a noticeable improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    okay guys! i've been on finasteride for nearly 4 months now! been using rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months aswell! I thought everything was going great and that i was seeing results up untill yesterday! because today i decided to go and get a haircut...the haircut is shorter than i usually would get! after the haircut i looked into the mirror and realised my hairline has gotten worse rather than seeing an improvement ahhhhh this is so frustrating! is 4 months too early to see a noticeable improvement?? i fecking hope so because i am so desperate to see results!!! not feeling too good now when i look in the mirror after my haircut i feel like i've gone backwards now!!! any advice guys??? maybe 4 months is too soon to see a noticeable improvement!
    use good quality photos to assess your progress - NOT mirrors and memory.

Just stick with it man. It takes longer than 4 months to see improvement. I mean it can/does happen, but most say you dont see improvement from either of those treatments until 6 months to a year.

And I agree with the above poster. Take photos. Our minds/memories tend to not remember the details so well.

all i can do is just stick with it i suppose!

I have been treating for a little over 5 months now. After 2 months of treatment I had good improvement. I think I am back at baseline now if not worse.

i am kind of scared now that the finasteride isnt going to work for me! like i still have those miniturized hairs on both sides of my hairline so hopefully they will grow back to their normal thickness with the finasteride! i say a prayer every so often that it will work for me! its just worrying that after nearly 4 months of treatment, that there isn't a huge noticeable improvement!