+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Exactly. I understand looks are important on our society but come on dude.
    I guess that I am a bit narcissistic, but that's because I take pride of my appearance. I remember when I was growing up, losing hair was the one thing that I did not want to happen, would rather have acne.

Hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong. Look at good cases of temple point restoration....the difference in how the face is framed is HUGE

I have reached a point where aggressive hairline restoration w/o temple work depresses me. The lost opportunity is just crazy.....obviously the patient still looks much better, but the addition of youthful temples would add major points.

Do temple points take a lot of grafts to restore or something? Why do they get ignored this often?
    How many grafts as a rough estimate would it take to restore the temple points would anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    How many grafts as a rough estimate would it take to restore the temple points would anybody know?
    No idea, it depends on each case I am sure

I've seen pretty radical transformations done with as few as 400 on each side, and more moderate ones done with as few as 200 on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I've seen pretty radical transformations done with as few as 400 on each side, and more moderate ones done with as few as 200 on each side.
    If the figure can be this low (400), then why are HT surgeons so hesitant about adding temple points considering how important they are in framing the face, I don't get it.

If the figure can be this low (400), then why are HT surgeons so hesitant about adding temple points considering how important they are in framing the face, I don't get it.
    Basically, there are 2 main reasons;

1) Most bald guys try basically to get their hair back at the front and/or vertex/tonsure area and as dense as possible as well - but mostly there is (>NW5) simply a LACK of sufficient donor hair.

2) Even there is still sufficient donor hair...

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140104/nrft556j.jpg

...this is still the second main problem. That means, to get a sufficient number of hairs with finer caliber, but still PERMANENT hair.

Anyway, I will also try to start to restore my temple peaks during my 3rd HST procedure. btw - the guy in the photo/link I posted is another HST patient and (unfortunately) not me, because the guy has still lots of natural hair

For guys who catch their MPS early enough , or guys like myself who at 47 are still a NW 3 , the doctors have no problem with the temple hair.

What they dont want is to waste the donor hair on temples when their clients need it on the top or crown.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I guess that I am a bit narcissistic, but that's because I take pride of my appearance. I remember when I was growing up, losing hair was the one thing that I did not want to happen, would rather have acne.

Hairloss.
    Yeah probably because hair does not grow back by itself and has no remotely decent treatments. Acne does.

Very hard to quantify the importance of hair. I sometimes question if its even more important then most people even on here seem to think. NW 0 makes a guy look very young for his age, and most actors or models do have NW 0 hair. Looking younger is hard to view as a bad thing to me at least but I guess some guys think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Very hard to quantify the importance of hair. I sometimes question if its even more important then most people even on here seem to think. NW 0 makes a guy look very young for his age, and most actors or models do have NW 0 hair. Looking younger is hard to view as a bad thing to me at least but I guess some guys think otherwise.
    Why do so many keep bringing up the term NW0, it doesn't even exist on the Norwood scale? Doesn't NW1 essentially mean zero hair loss (hence why they are unsuited for HT's), with recession beginning at a NW2 with the hairline becoming more rounded with miniaturised peak loss occurring as opposed to the more squared off look with the NW1 hairline of younger people?