+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Bald.

Default I am Bald.

More than a year ago I posted on here in fear and in desperation over losing my hair. It ruined my life and sapped all confidence I had. I checked this site over and over again, in some vain hope that Finasteride or Minoxidil would cure me.

One year on I am happy to say I never took that route. I will be bald and I can't change that. So far I rarely visit here and I can safely say I have led a hair worry free life!

My love life or sex life has not even been affected, if anything I've had more success now than I did with hair. I now buzz my head Grade 0 and I work out, all the motivation I need.

Good attitude mate! I am bald too or at least I will be soon. I must say before I began losing my hair I never looked at balding or bald men any different to guys with full heads of hair. I found women with no hair any less attractive or less of a person than those with.

But for some reason when I started lossing mine I though I was doomed to be misserable for the rest of my life. A year on Im almost free of any negative thoughts towards balding, I still think it looks messy and would rather have a nice head of long hair but hey you can't have it all.

I don't take fin or minox ethier and im glad I haven't started, I think its far easier to let go of something rather than fight it everyday for the rest of your life. Im still interested in cutting edge ideas and would welcome a new technique that would offer me the chance to grow a decent head of hair and not have to worry about popping pills.

Finasteride isnt the way to go. Acceptance is.

Acceptance isn't the way to go, expensive FUE mega-sessions are. Joke aside, I'm glad to see that someone can overcome baldness. I wish I could do it, but I'm very pale and skinny so baldness = cancer patient for me sadly.

Good for you, I wish you all the best. It's all down to a personal decision I guess!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Good for you, I wish you all the best. It's all down to a personal decision I guess!
    Working at Dr. Cole's, most of the men who come in for hair restoration surgery either have girlfriends or are married. Today we had a patient in and I mentioned to him in the photo room that my wife never seemed to care about my hair loss and he said his wife doesn't seem to care either. I hear this a lot and agree that it's a personal decision to correct hair loss. I have to say that I'm surprised at my age that no one ever called me "baldy" to my face. That did once happen to my brother and he laughed about it for days. He has been shaving his head for many years.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Since buzzing my head no-guard I've not really had any negatives. Family were a bit shocked at first, but everyone knows I have a shaved head. The word 'bald' used to fill me with dread and fear, but honestly, it doesn't worry me at all.

I'm watching House of Cards and admittedly, Peter Russo, the bald congressman is probably the worst off, but I remember someone called him "that attractive guy with no hair".

Going bald when you're married is hard but going bald when you're young and single is a whole other game.

Exodus, how tall are you?

Don't lie man!

I give credit to the dudes that accept their baldness. Hopefully I can accept it as well as you have, or grow enough hair back so I don't have to. My fight continues on with fin by my side.

Bald / single at 20 and bald/married at 40 are different things

Women 30-40+ might be ok with guy who is bald but young girls in late teens and 20s are not turned on by bald or balding men.