+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: I am Bald.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    But the question isn't whether it will work, something WILL eventually work. But will that something come before its too late?

The question is WHEN. I am 23 now, I would like to have a head full of hair when I can still be flirting with 20 year old chicks and it be deemed socially acceptable.

If something comes in 10 years, I will be 33 and it would be late as hell. If my baldness isn't a deal breaker, my wrinkles and overall un-youthfulness would be by then. I am sure I will still be happy to get my hair then, but it would have already robbed me of my youth.
    You're going to be 33, not 85. Jesus Christ. Reading this forum has convinced me that you're at your stupidest when you're in your early 20s, and I'm counting when you're a small child and an infant in that.

Sorry, I feel like that post came off as too harsh. I understand losing your hair sucks when you're young, as well as how black and white the world seems when you are depressed. But it seems like a lot of people on here completely lose sight of everything else because of it, and sometimes I just want to slap a bunch of posters on here and tell them to get a grip on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    When I used to have a good amount of hair, I used to just use my hands to just pat it down and go outside, no time wasted at all, barber once a month. I had very soft hair, there was no need for a comb. Now things changed, I have to shave EOD in the week. Definitely more time spent on my follicly challenged head now than when I had a full head of hair, both hands-on and my mind is always on it. There's no denying that for me. I can't wait for that day to come to an end. I know some of you guys have to buzz less frequently, but you see my problem is, I have alopecia areata too, so once my hair grows for 2 days, you see all the ugly patches over my head. A zero guard minimizes the appearance of the AA a little bit. So this is why I shave every other day. Hopefully by this time next year, this will be a thing of the past.
    How long have you been buzzing your head for so far?
    How do you feel about your shaved/buzzed look? It does suit some people.

I remember being quite carefree before, occasionally i might even leave it 3 to 4 months before going to the hairdresser/barber. Not the case now, of course lol

Yes it does sound like a huge commitment to shave every other day, for the rest of your life.
    Like I said to Exodus though, if a person feels better with it shaved then that is great, good for them . For some people it is their answer.

We are all different, with all manner of varying types of hair loss. You have alopecia areata, some have recession, some have diffuse hair loss, some have recession & diffuse combined.
    So I was thinking, for those with recession but thicker hair density where it is left, they might also be in the same boat as you - of needing to shave/buzz every other day. Otherwise the hair density contrast will just show the horseshoe pattern in a few days.
    From my point of view, it's certainly not the easy solution some people make it out to be.

I was curious to ask, when you mention next year, did you mean you were having something done then?

Yes, will do something about this finally. By this time next year, I will be dead, i'm going to kill myself.

No, i'm kidding, I know it was a bad joke, death is not funny but that is how I feel some times. I think i'm going to get an FUE done in May 2014. Hopefully that'll be the end of this curse. Of course i'll have to still take medication but I have no prob with that.

Oh and BTW I have alopecia areata, recession, and diffuse hair loss. Whole 9 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Yes, will do something about this finally. By this time next year, I will be dead, i'm going to kill myself.

No, i'm kidding, I know it was a bad joke, death is not funny but that is how I feel some times. I think i'm going to get an FUE done in May 2014. Hopefully that'll be the end of this curse. Of course i'll have to still take medication but I have no prob with that.

Oh and BTW I have alopecia areata, recession, and diffuse hair loss. Whole 9 yards.
    Ah dark humour lol
    I was a bit worried when asking before actually, but then I checked after posting and saw a previous thread where you mention you were looking into FUE
    Yeah it's probably good to be able to find some way to laugh at these things occasionally - anything to lighten the mood

When I was saying there are different types, I just wanted to express it can be more complicated than just numbers on the norwood scale.
    Though of course I can see now you are well aware of that, sorry to hear that you have all three.
    I have diffuse and recession.

How did you decide on which surgeon to go to?
    Hope the FUE goes well

If you turn on your television and look at shows I think the answer to whether hair or no hair is better is answered for you. All the soaps and shows do not have guys that are bald what that means you can interpret and theorize about, but its pretty common. Saying hair is not important is just like saying having muscles or being tall are not important it all depends who you ask but the majority would say it does make some difference.
    Most important though is how you feel about it. If you can accept it and ignore it then you found your answer. Many men though dont want that and I cant blame them

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    More than a year ago I posted on here in fear and in desperation over losing my hair. It ruined my life and sapped all confidence I had. I checked this site over and over again, in some vain hope that Finasteride or Minoxidil would cure me.

One year on I am happy to say I never took that route. I will be bald and I can't change that. So far I rarely visit here and I can safely say I have led a hair worry free life!

My love life or sex life has not even been affected, if anything I've had more success now than I did with hair. I now buzz my head Grade 0 and I work out, all the motivation I need.
    Wish I had your confidence but I don't. I am giving this one last shot but if it doesn't work I think I will be ok in time. For the most part, my mpb has been very very gradual so I could hide it well for many years. In a way I think that was bad thing , because now that people are starting to notice it, it's kinda a relief in a weird kind of way. So of course I really want this last chance to work, but if not I think I will be fine after an adjustment period.

I have been dealing with this hair loss crap for 15 years. Before this year, I just accepted where I was heading and didn't treat. The only reason I started treating because I noticed my crown had been destroyed. I am just hoping at this point to stabilize and thicken up a bit. I am not expecting a miracle, just don't want to be slick bald. I have been buzzing my hair for 10 years and am fine doing that now and in the future. For those that are at peace being slick bald, more power to you, but I would prefer to avoid that look if possible.