+ Reply to Thread

Default 21 going on 22 don't know what to do.

Hi guys, new to the forum. I honestly don't know what to do. I started losing my hair at 20 maybe earlier but haven't noticed till around that age and I cannot believe how rapid my hairloss is. I am thinning to a Norwood 3. I have tried both minoxidil and propecia and have gotten side effects from both. Minoxidil gave me a red itchy scalp for over six months and the hair would not stop shedding and propecia gave the typical effects. I have been researching hair transplants for a while.

I know my age is a big no for hair transplantation since ill only be 22 next week but I have been told I have good expectations and donor hair, obviously since im young. The past few years I have been in depression and started buzzing my hair but I can't stand the negative comments I get since everyone in my age group that I know is not losing hair. Male pattern baldness is really effecting who I am, have lost all confidence in myself, and have lost a girl I truly loved due to it. I basically hide in my room and only leave for work and the gym. Is there anything I can do? FUE transplant or anything else.

For more info, my father lost his hair at 21 and has been stabilized at a norwood 4/5 and he is around 53 now. My maternal grandfather passed away before I was born so I cannot give a hairloss pattern for him. Other family members such as my uncles have a norwood 5A pattern. Any advice would help. I appreciate it everyone!

I saw a post somewhere, saying you're still the same person with or without hair. The hair doesn't make you, you make you. Obviously that sounds like a load of shit, but think about it.

I personally do the "big 3" and am on month 3 almost, and and hoping it works.

But if it doesn't, I'll figure it out.

I like buzzing my hair, but now keep it longer to hide a little bit of my hairline. I actually fantasize about thickening my hairline just a little bit back to where it was a year or two ago, so I can buzz it down again. I also sort of fantasize about buzzing it down right now just so I don't have to hide from my problem.

I personally believe that this condition is mostly a mental condition. I also believe that a lot of people that say "you can't get a girl or a job" or whatever aren't exactly lying, but probably weren't exactly rockstars when they had hair either. I've found that the people that were the most mentally put together before they started really losing their hair still do fine, and I'm basing this off of 20-22 year old people.

Maybe others will be able to answer this, but could he possibly tolerate other types of minox such as lipogaine? I have no clue if there is any difference at all, but might be something you want to try. I am just thinking you have to get on something to stabilize your hair loss before even getting a transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Maybe others will be able to answer this, but could he possibly tolerate other types of minox such as lipogaine? I have no clue if there is any difference at all, but might be something you want to try. I am just thinking you have to get on something to stabilize your hair loss before even getting a transplant.
    Yes he should try the foam or lipogaine! If your minox sides are only red itchy scalp and shedding, it is very likely it is the vehicle (ie pg or alcohol), that is causing the problem, not the active ingrediant ie minoxidil. If his sides were heart related or bloated face or somthing id say ditch it..