+ Reply to Thread

Default 17 with receding hairline (photo)

Hey guys. So I have been battling this for 2 years now. I have been on rogaine for a month 1/2 now, so hopefully this will help. I have been pretty depressed bc of it, especially being at a new school and everyone probably judging me for it. Anyways, view the photo and comment below. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	23623  

It aint that bad. A little recede sometimes plays very well with the ladies.

mate, DO NOT style your hair the way you are styling it now because it makes the hairline more visible. When you are styling it, have the fringe down. Use a comb on the fringe. With a decent hairstyle, that hairline would not be noticeable. Plus when you hit the age of 18, get onto finasteride immediately and start using nizoral shampoo aswell and then you should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    mate, DO NOT style your hair the way you are styling it now because it makes the hairline more visible. When you are styling it, have the fringe down. Use a comb on the fringe. With a decent hairstyle, that hairline would not be noticeable. Plus when you hit the age of 18, get onto finasteride immediately and start using nizoral shampoo aswell and then you should be just fine.
    yeah, your hair doesn't seem to thin - you should be able to cover up most of that hairline. Just pull the sweep the hair to one side thing and don't flatten it against your head. Most people wouldn't notice it. That's what I do.

If you have the little whispy fuzz hairs around your hairline, you definitely should try rogaine foam. I'm at about 2.5 months on rogaine/fin/1%niz shampoo (big 3) and the little hairs that were around my hairline really seem to be getting darker and longer already. I also grew my hair out a little bit longer and played around with a lot of styling options, then buzzed it down, now grew it out again. I think at this point I've found a good spot and my treatment seems to be helping (most likely the rogaine since it's so early). When I started I had tons of fuzz hairs all over my hairline, at what would be considered a mature hairline. It wasn't exactly the same as yours looks to be. Try things like volume conditioner and mouse too, and blow dry your hair slightly, also crew fiber paste is awesome I've found but only a little bit or everything clumps up. You should try fin when you're 18 or feel like you're pretty "maturely developed".. I was 21.5 when I started. Only use it if you are comfortable with the risk of sides (however small or large you perceive them to be). Also keep in mind that anything you start using is for as long as you want hair.

Listen up man, this is just my take but I know it's going to help you out.

I'm 17 and my hairline is also receding, it looks a little better than yours but at least you have lots of density.

In case you are still wondering:

No, you do not have a mature hairline. You are balding.

No, you will not magically stop losing hair. You will keep balding.

Yes, you will keep on receding and will be balder than most people in your early 20s. If you don't take action.

You can stop looking around the internet and asking questions, because your answer is Finasteride (brand name is Propecia or Proscar).

Now I'm going to drop some facts on you, that have been proven in many long-term clinical trials and studies. If you want, I can link you to these studies as a reference. You don't have to take my word for it.

For men who take Finasteride 1mg/daily:

-90% chance of maintaining or regrowing hair for at least 10 years
    -2% chance of sexual side effects that always disappear when you stop taking the medication (aside from gyno, but the chances of that happening are even slimmer)

This is not my opinion, these are facts. Ignore the frivolous law suits, media dramatizations and hysterical hypochondriacs on the internet. There are no "permanent" sides, and even "persistent" side effects (that are treatable) are unproven in any of the clinical trials, so the chances of Finasteride causing them is so negligible you really shouldn't think about it.

Bottom line: see a dermatologist and get a prescription now. If that's not possible for whatever reason, order them online.

If you wait until you are too bald or your hairline recedes further, you will look back on this post and want to shoot yourself in the face.

So as soon as you are done reading what I'm typing here, get your Finasteride.

I've been on Finasteride 1mg/daily for over a month now. I have no side effects, this medication that some idiots are so scared about was prescribed to me by a dermatologist. I even talked to an endocrinologist and urologist about potential side effects, but they also said I should take it. Even though I'm still worried I might lose more hair anyway, imagine if like you I wasn't taking Finasteride. I'd have a 100% chance of losing more hair and looking very bald, very soon.

Also, never style you're hair back like that unless your old enough to rock the "daddy forehead".

I make my stylist fade out the sides and back of my hair while keeping 3-5 inches length on top in an "undercut" fashion. After I just stylishly knock it over a little, to the untrained eye I have a perfectly normal, full head of hair. I actually get compliments on my hair style, even though the recession is almost as bad as yours. Try doing something like this.

I also moved schools when my hair line began receding, and it sucked. But after changing my hair style, upgrading my wardrobe, buying a car and hitting the gym 6 days a week my confidence is through the roof and I've actually f***ed a couple cute chicks. It's sad because I feel that if I lose my hair, I'll have to say goodbye to all this female attention. I just want this pill to keep my hair for at least ten years, give me some time to make a little cash, get ripped and marry a beautiful girl with a beautiful ass.

I'm gonna end my rant here. Being my age, I feel for you bro, and I want you and me to make it in this world. Get on Finasteride, keep up with the Rogaine (which by the way is useless without Finasteride) and get your life started.

Good luck man.

What Captain says is blunt, a little graphic, but true.

However, I don't think ANY dermatologist would prescribe Finasteride to you since you are only 17 and I wouldnt recommend getting on Fin until you are at least 18 anyway. Your body is still maturing and I personally don't think it would be wise to get on Fin until then and I doubt your hair will change much in a year.

If you still want to get on the drug anyway then go for it and there are many places you can order generic finasteride online. Side effects are rare, and I would even recommend doing a .5 or .25mg dose instead of the full 1mg as many have reported that it is just as effective as the 1mg dose and cuts down on the chances of severity of side effects. Again this isnt proven, but a lot of people that have experience with the drug are saying this is the case.

Finasteride can save and even regrow some of your hair for 10 years and even longer. Spencer on the show here has been on the drug for 20 years and has maintained 90% of his hair. Everyone says the cure for MPB is right around the corner and I hope it is too and while there are many promising treatments in development right now, I wouldnt bank on it. People have been saying its around the corner for 20 years.

IF you choose to get on finasteride, stay clear of the horror stories and BS that is blasted all over the internet forums. Its a pretty safe drug by the FDA's standards so until hard evidence points to it being otherwise, just dose and go on with your life.

As a side note I wouldnt do my hair like that either. Change your haircut and NOBODY would know your hairline is receding.

I give all you young guys a bunch of credit. I started balding early(22) but you guys in your teens damn. I would give you advise, but cap has already taken care of that. Get on fin and maybe you can nail a couple of hotties too.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Listen up man, this is just my take but I know it's going to help you out.

I'm 17 and my hairline is also receding, it looks a little better than yours but at least you have lots of density.

In case you are still wondering:

No, you do not have a mature hairline. You are balding.

No, you will not magically stop losing hair. You will keep balding.

Yes, you will keep on receding and will be balder than most people in your early 20s. If you don't take action.

You can stop looking around the internet and asking questions, because your answer is Finasteride (brand name is Propecia or Proscar).

Now I'm going to drop some facts on you, that have been proven in many long-term clinical trials and studies. If you want, I can link you to these studies as a reference. You don't have to take my word for it.

For men who take Finasteride 1mg/daily:

-90% chance of maintaining or regrowing hair for at least 10 years
    -2% chance of sexual side effects that always disappear when you stop taking the medication (aside from gyno, but the chances of that happening are even slimmer)

This is not my opinion, these are facts. Ignore the frivolous law suits, media dramatizations and hysterical hypochondriacs on the internet. There are no "permanent" sides, and even "persistent" side effects (that are treatable) are unproven in any of the clinical trials, so the chances of Finasteride causing them is so negligible you really shouldn't think about it.

Bottom line: see a dermatologist and get a prescription now. If that's not possible for whatever reason, order them online.

If you wait until you are too bald or your hairline recedes further, you will look back on this post and want to shoot yourself in the face.

So as soon as you are done reading what I'm typing here, get your Finasteride.

I've been on Finasteride 1mg/daily for over a month now. I have no side effects, this medication that some idiots are so scared about was prescribed to me by a dermatologist. I even talked to an endocrinologist and urologist about potential side effects, but they also said I should take it. Even though I'm still worried I might lose more hair anyway, imagine if like you I wasn't taking Finasteride. I'd have a 100% chance of losing more hair and looking very bald, very soon.

Also, never style you're hair back like that unless your old enough to rock the "daddy forehead".

I make my stylist fade out the sides and back of my hair while keeping 3-5 inches length on top in an "undercut" fashion. After I just stylishly knock it over a little, to the untrained eye I have a perfectly normal, full head of hair. I actually get compliments on my hair style, even though the recession is almost as bad as yours. Try doing something like this.

I also moved schools when my hair line began receding, and it sucked. But after changing my hair style, upgrading my wardrobe, buying a car and hitting the gym 6 days a week my confidence is through the roof and I've actually f***ed a couple cute chicks. It's sad because I feel that if I lose my hair, I'll have to say goodbye to all this female attention. I just want this pill to keep my hair for at least ten years, give me some time to make a little cash, get ripped and marry a beautiful girl with a beautiful ass.

I'm gonna end my rant here. Being my age, I feel for you bro, and I want you and me to make it in this world. Get on Finasteride, keep up with the Rogaine (which by the way is useless without Finasteride) and get your life started.

Good luck man.
    Capitan, you are a legend! that is the best post i've read on this website yet!!! absolutely everything you have said is 100% true! Also being that young, there is more of a chance the finasteride will work! I am 20 and have been on finasteride along with rogaine and nizoral shampoo for nearly 4 months now, i have definitely noticed an improvement in the condition of my hair. 4 months is still very early days though, so i cannot wait to see what the results will be like at the 12 month mark....ALL HAIL THE LITTLE PILL(finasteride) haha!!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Townie, good luck on the Finasteride young man!
    I feel it will help you.
    Ive been on it for 2 1/2 months now and I already see a positive progression started.
    IF you ever have any of those side effects that have
    been discussed ad nauseam , you can always stop the usage and the sides will go away.

Keep us informed.