+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I can't say with certainty. I will say that my body went through marked changes way past adolescent puberty, and it was quite sudden -- age 23.

No, I wasn't on finasteride yet, but I did begin taking it shortly after the changes began. I have not noticed any change in what's been "filled-out" after starting fin either. Ultimately, if you have a physician prescribing you fin and monitoring you, don't stress it.

Just keep after it.
    Thanks for the level-headed advice. I'll just bring up this topic on my next visit with my doctor.

Good luck with everything man.

So it's been almost 2 years since I started Finasteride. I'm 19 almost 20 now and it feels like just a few months ago I was 17 and holding my first bottle of Finasteride.

I haven't lost any hair at all, I'm 100% sure. I've taken pictures under the same lighting and if anything, I'm pretty sure some of my hair has thickened.

My hairline hasn't receded at all since starting.

I thought I had side-effects the first few months because of all the fear-mongering online, but it was all in my head. Got a hot gf and my boner is rock solid LOL.

So if you're young or not or whatever, and you're thinking about hopping on Finasteride, stop bullshitting and get on it because it really does keep what you have.

I had very aggressive hairloss before fin. Went from like a NW1 to a NW2 with apparent thinning in like 5 months and I was only 16-17.

Now I don't even worry about that shit. My hair is at least as good as it was 2 years ago and the NW2 doesn't look back with my wavy dark hair. Plus a good haircut goes a long way too (2 on the sides and leave some volume up top). I'm grateful because I already know if I hadn't gone on Finasteride I'd look like a 19 going on 38 year old.

So everything is great, Finasteride is awesome even 2 years later, and I'll update this in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    So everything is great, Finasteride is awesome even 2 years later, and I'll update this in a year.
    Congrats! You started young, and it's smart. If fin works for you, keep taking it forever. Don't be stupid like me switching to dut. Once you switched, the shedding begins again, and God knows when it's going to stop...

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    So it's been almost 2 years since I started Finasteride. I'm 19 almost 20 now and it feels like just a few months ago I was 17 and holding my first bottle of Finasteride.

I haven't lost any hair at all, I'm 100% sure. I've taken pictures under the same lighting and if anything, I'm pretty sure some of my hair has thickened.

My hairline hasn't receded at all since starting.

I thought I had side-effects the first few months because of all the fear-mongering online, but it was all in my head. Got a hot gf and my boner is rock solid LOL.

So if you're young or not or whatever, and you're thinking about hopping on Finasteride, stop bullshitting and get on it because it really does keep what you have.

I had very aggressive hairloss before fin. Went from like a NW1 to a NW2 with apparent thinning in like 5 months and I was only 16-17.

Now I don't even worry about that shit. My hair is at least as good as it was 2 years ago and the NW2 doesn't look back with my wavy dark hair. Plus a good haircut goes a long way too (2 on the sides and leave some volume up top). I'm grateful because I already know if I hadn't gone on Finasteride I'd look like a 19 going on 38 year old.

only one question: how long are you planning to take fin by considering the cure is 30years away approx?

Cure 30 years away? Sure, but there will be other treatments out in the next 5 or less most likely or 10 tops so you wont need to take it forever. I would guess 5 years max there will be other things to consider. You wont need a cure if your keeping the hair you have right now. If you were NW 7 than your in a more dire situation and its a much longer wait there.

I'll never switch to dutasteride. I'll stay on Finasteride for as long as I want though. The only way I'll stop is if I just randomly start balding again or I get side effects. I don't think the side effects will ever happen since its been 2 years without them. And if I start balding again well then game over tbh. I'll enjoy the time I have now that I'm not losing hair anymore for as long as it lasts. I have a feeling I'll probably be taking it for another 15-20 years though.