+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

heynow1234 I have noticied from your posts that we are having almost the exact same effects with propecia. I just turned 21 and am about a NW2.5 NW3 Currently I am approaching month 7 on propecia I know from your later posts that you are about a year on propecia now.

But I too had the same effects about 2 weeks ago on propecia... it was during my finals week and i was noticed major thinning and I just assumed I was in the shedding phase and more hair will grow back soon but I started freaking out when my hairline was getting worse and read blogs on the internet that propecia kills the hairline(My hair getting increasinly thinner was also probably the result I was under stress and not getting much sleep because of finals) Also I feel like I started getting a bald spot in my crown after taking propecia... Right after I was done with my finals I noticed long black hairs growing below my hairline but not in my temple region... At first I was happy since I felt like propecia was working... However I believe that the hair was coming back from the shedding phase so I was just getting back the hair that I lost... I know that propecia will help keep the hair that you have and thats all I want it to do. (IT would be great if I could alot of my hair back but I know thats just wishful thinking) However I do not want to continue taking propecia if it will make my hairloss worse.... I also am like you in feeling like some days my hair is great but other days I feel like its getting worse and will have to start preparing to shave my head by age 24....

I also am like you and spend too much time worring about my hair (when I saw my hair doctor who prescribed me with propecia in november he was amazed with how much information I knew about hairloss and hair cloning still being years away and all the celebrities who have had a hairtransplant) Im sorry for this long message but it makes me feel better to share this information.... I guess my real question is how is your hair now that you are a year on propecia... And what are those random black hairs doing now?

Wink

Hey man,

Reading your post, I think your right we are going through the same garbage.

That being said, Ill be at a year in about 2 weeks. So heres the deal, I still kinda dont know whats happening, which i guess may be a good thing since if i was losing a ton of hair I guess I would know it wasnt working, however the flip side is my hair hasnt improved.

Since starting the front of my hair has gotten worse, however i dont know when it really got worse (over the course of the year), or really how much worse that it has really gotten.(my mind plays tricks on me) Its possible that in the last 3 months or so it hasnt changed and propecia is now keeping what I have.

I remember when I first started taking it someone said dont look at your hair for a year. This obviously is impossible, but for some reason it stuck in my mind. If one year ago right b4 I started taking propecia I could see a pic of myself now, I would prob be sastisfied. I think that once you start the meds you really start to go nuts about your hair and notice every little hair lost. And when you dont grow back the hair you lost, you get depressed, when in reality propecia may be drastically slowing down your loss, but each hair you lose on propecia is horrible, because you feel like you should be growing new hair not still losing hair.

I would say to def stick with it, because if you stop taking it you know for sure that all your hair will fall out.

I wish I had better news for you, but Im prob in the same boat as I was when I started this topic.

If you have any other questions that you think I can help with just ask man. Good Luck and keep your head up!!!

Hey,
    thanks for the fast reply... It is nice to know that your hair do not get drastically worse but yea im definetly gonna stay on it for atleast year... And im also gonna really try to stop obsessing about it since like my mom always says theres nothing I can do about my genetics and im doing the best thing I can at my age to treat it

Thanks again

Heres a funny video im guessing most of you may have already seen it but just incase check it out

Haha im still in stage 3