Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	23595

Advised therapy to stimulate dormant cells
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cyclical therapy-Men(1).jpg

Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	23596

Hello,
    This is an update after 15 months from having a failed fue hair transplant from AK Clinics in New Dehli, India.

I was frustrated with lack of hair so after some research I decided to have a 3000 graft transplant with AK Clinics. The procedure was done over 2 full days and hair was taken from the sides of my head and a little under the chin. I live a healthy lifestyle and did exactly what what asked of me post op and continue to take finasteride and minoxidil every day.

Im trying to figure out why so few grafts have actually come up. I noticed when the grafts were extracted they sat in petri dishes {flat glass dishes with a clear liquid surrounding the grafts}...some of the graft were out of my head for many hours...could this be a reason for so few transplanted hairs surviving?

Since doing some additionial research it seems Im not the only one whos had failed fue with AK Clinics. The doctor is an active member of the hair transplant foundation in India...and he has performed many procedures and the pictures of before and after/certificates/and smart website made me believe I was in good hands. I visited another hair tranplant doctor on an unrelated matter a few days after and he said the grafts looked to be set in well and positioned well.

I told them about the failed results and the clinic has recommended an aggresive approach to stimulate the dormant hair...can this work? They have suggested a combination of cyclical therapy and PRP {platelet rich plasma therapy}.....do these work or is it just a money grabbing exercise?

I didnt have the 3000 grafts to loose as I have very thin hair and so it looks as though Im going to have to have a 2nd transplant. So if anyone knows of any good and reasonably priced ht surgeons in Asia that would be much appreciated.

Any answers and info is much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Your topic worried me for a second, then I saw New Dehli, India. This is what happen when you try to save a few bucks by having your HT in a third world country.

I agree with Fred. I'm sorry this happened kiwiman, but you'd think a lesson would be learned here. Why repeat the mistake? You really do get what you pay for when it comes to hair surgery.

Well, you should try Turkey's biggest hair transplant clinic. Quality wise they're on par with European/American surgeons and their prices are often three, maybe four times less than in the western world.

I am sorry they didnt take. Have you called the doctors back? Perhaps they can explain it or fix it for you.