+ Reply to Thread

Default You think a cure will come out of left field?

Wishful thinking here, but do you think a cure could come out of nowhere without going through FDA approval? That would be sweet. Just some food for thought.

No, and I am not sure I would want it too. "Out of left field" to me sounds like experimental treatments, which I am not saying are bad but I am definitely not comfortable taking anything that hasn't gone through clinical trials. You have people around here that are deathly afraid of fin which has been in use in higher doses for years, but are willing to take experimentals as if they are 100% safe. I don't get it.

If you mean "out of left field" like drugs like fin and minox, which were not originally made to treat hair loss, then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    No, and I am not sure I would want it too. "Out of left field" to me sounds like experimental treatments, which I am not saying are bad but I am definitely not comfortable taking anything that hasn't gone through clinical trials. You have people around here that are deathly afraid of fin which has been in use in higher doses for years, but are willing to take experimentals as if they are 100% safe. I don't get it.

If you mean "out of left field" like drugs like fin and minox, which were not originally made to treat hair loss, then maybe.
    The FDA has held back progression in medicine by about half a century, its done more harm than good.

No way without the FDA or some regulatory agency it becomes a sea of snake oil. Just look at the cosmetic industry for wrinkles or any number of things that do not fall under their authority you could never find anything good in there.
    They do much more good then harm for consumer. All the important progress is made by going through FDA proving it works. I think patent laws are more a problem then FDA.

I am much more comfortable using drugs cleared by the FDA. Doesn't it take a while for the FDA to approve meds? That can be a problem for many hair loss sufferers. Some don't have years that they can wait.

As much as I love(d) my hair, it's simply not worth the risk of trying an unapproved medicine and to have tumors growing on my head 3 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post

I don't take fin because I've tried it; it have me gynecomastia.

What would you suggest; giving up?