+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice help and my story

Hi all

I am now 22 and admire the care free life i used to have and realise how much i took it for granted. I first remember noticing slight temple recession when in thailand, completely freaked out and bought some propecia and away i went. my hair loss wasn't even apparent and i could argue that it still isn't depending on how i style my hair. I think the propecia made things worse at the 8 month mark i shed a fair amount for a couple of days and developed mild gyno so i quit.

Now i need some advice ive been off the propecia for maybe 2 months, things havent got worse or anything but i am pretty dam scared of the future, i took as a preventing measure to keep things in check do i just see how things go over the next 3 months, i mean its a scary thing hairloss and it just kind of starts happening one day, or one day you notice.

ive also developed a strange condition where i pull my own hair out, the areas where i pull from have balded slightly but not terribly and the scalp where pulled is irritated, i pulled hair from my left temple continuously for a year now, could this be a potential reason for my hair loss? i have thick hair all over really
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2013-10-11 at 15.22.jpg

Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	23579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2013-10-11 at 15.23 #2.jpg

Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	23580  

1. Your hair rocks.
    2. You developed gyno, I don't think you had a choice but to drop it. That is what I would do. Have you recovered yet? If so are you thinking of taking it again, maybe microdosing? If I was considering it again I would start off on a smaller dose. Gyno is scary crap though.
    3. I am not an expert, but I would say 100% that pulling your hair out is not a good thing and will hurt regrowth in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    1. Your hair rocks.
    2. You developed gyno, I don't think you had a choice but to drop it. That is what I would do. Have you recovered yet? If so are you thinking of taking it again, maybe microdosing? If I was considering it again I would start off on a smaller dose. Gyno is scary crap though.
    3. I am not an expert, but I would say 100% that pulling your hair out is not a good thing and will hurt regrowth in that area.
    1. thank you i appreciate it, when i started getting slight recession i didn't hesitate anymore to have the hair style id always been too shy to get with the thought in mind that once its gone i wont have the option i guess.

2. its interesting how it happened, i was dosing at 0.5 mg every other day and things were going well no side effects, i was really on track, then my temple carried on to thin unnoticeably but i was generally happy with the results, but greedy and dosed at 1mg a day too see if i could handle it, chest pain + gyno developed within a matter of weeks/days the damage had been done, i dosed some letro but had a crazy hair shed within days to combat this, and i think letro did the primary damage. im hoping the gyno calms in a few months so i can consider coming back on at a small dose i may even consider minox in the future but ive heard mixed reviews on the product, but there are limited tools in the box i guess so i may fall on minox unless other options became available

3. i pull hair out all the time, i think one side i possibly developed (and i say possibly with caution) is anxiety