+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Antiandrogen kamikaze thread

Ok I have been on dut for 8 months & am not impressed. I realize I need to give it more time before a final judgment, however at this point I need to set up a backup plan in case things are not looking up after the 1 year mark. This thread is about putting ourselves at risk to have hair as good as possible w/o surgery

1st thing that comes to mind is oral spironolactone. Some guys claim they have good success w/ this drug, but the side effects are a bit of a concern. Has ANY male tried oral spiro here for more than a few months? If yes, how did it go for your hair? How were the sides?
    Another thing that concerns me, it seems like this drug has not been studied much for andro alopecia in men. I would be more scared of it not working than the sides tbh

2nd thing is RU. hellouser has a sweet guide to this stuff on BTT but I am very reluctant to go with this one. I am averse to topicals besides shampoos, + it seems like a major hassle. Also I am very paranoid about interruptions in treatment due to a batch getting stuck in customs, or being bad, etc. Also I do not want to f*cking group buy anything
    Have any RU users here experienced a break in treatment? Wha thappened to your hair? Also, how have your results been otherwise?

Sadly I am not very familiar w/ antiandrogen in general besides fin & dut. Who else can give suggestions? I have heard of flutamide but know nothing about it. There is not much on this drug as an MPB treatment, but in theory it seems like it should have some kind of effect.
    I guess there is also saw palmetto, but adding this to a fin+dut regimen seems like spitting in a lake to raise the tide....the anecdotes for SP are abysmal actually

Help me BTT. No, JOIN ME....together we will grow many hairs and wreck many endocrine systems, and it will all be 100% worth it

You should at least try RU for a short period of time, if shedding doesn't subside in that time then on to the next treatment.

Dut + RU is the ultimate attack against androgens.

god I really do not want to get trapped in RU. But starting to think I have no choice. Are you on it?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    god I really do not want to get trapped in RU. But starting to think I have no choice. Are you on it?
    Im on it, hasnt done shit for me lol. My DHT is also super high and only started fin recently, so i really gotta blast the DHT (i only use RU for hairline personally).

I have seen guys on dut + RU and can recall one or two who held study with dut but when started losing ground added in RU and loss stopped again. BaldJerry where you at dawg? lol hes one of them

I just think for you it is worth a shot because you will find out quickly if its gonna do the trick for you.

I'd buy RU if it was premixed, I really don't want to make that stuff. I prefer CB but it appears that it's unsure what vehicle to use for it, and also like RU, i'd have to make that stuff. I don't care if it takes 5 minutes, 10 minutes, whatever, I just don't want to make that stuff.

I am on Dutasteride for the past 6 months and there have been significant WAY past Finasteride that made it look that Fin did not do crap for me. I can see a visible hairline and gray and black hair is starting to fill in my temples and my crown and vertex. I was a diffuse NW6 endgame and this turned it around for me big time to at least back to NW4 with steady progress I should be back to an NW2-3 roughly by next year. I do not trust RU in that I have to mix and place x and y on a digital scale and I have to buy the vehicle for it and measure stuff out and refrigerate the powder.. it just seems too much and then there is the cost over 200 dollars per batch. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I am on Dutasteride for the past 6 months and there have been significant WAY past Finasteride that made it look that Fin did not do crap for me. I can see a visible hairline and gray and black hair is starting to fill in my temples and my crown and vertex. I was a diffuse NW6 endgame and this turned it around for me big time to at least back to NW4 with steady progress I should be back to an NW2-3 roughly by next year. I do not trust RU in that I have to mix and place x and y on a digital scale and I have to buy the vehicle for it and measure stuff out and refrigerate the powder.. it just seems too much and then there is the cost over 200 dollars per batch. No thanks.
    Lol, good to hear. Hopefully your results last longer than mine(Alopecia areata attacked my results).

Remember how you were skeptical of my pictures, because of the lighting, angle, the short time it took for regrowth, etc? Now how do you feel seeing the amazing results of dutasteride with your own eyes and on your own head? I was showing and telling guys on here my results and only a few believed me.

Even with my results getting ruined, i'm still much better than pre-dutasteride, but diffused NW4 is not where I want to be. And i've been off dutasteride for a month and a half now. I gotta get back on it but I have to get a new debit card from Visa, i'm not buying my dut from anywhere other than InHouse. Where do you get yours BTW? And do you use minoxidil? I think it's very important to use that, 25 going on 65 should get on minox if he's not already. It works really well if you're taking dut.

Oh and, do you take 0.5mg daily or what?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Lol, good to hear. Hopefully your results last longer than mine(Alopecia areata attacked my results).

Remember how you were skeptical of my pictures, because of the lighting, angle, the short time it took for regrowth, etc? Now how do you feel seeing the amazing results of dutasteride with your own eyes and on your own head? I was showing and telling guys on here my results and only a few believed me.

Even with my results getting ruined, i'm still much better than pre-dutasteride, but diffused NW4 is not where I want to be. And i've been off dutasteride for a month and a half now. I gotta get back on it but I have to get a new debit card from Visa, i'm not buying my dut from anywhere other than InHouse. Where do you get yours BTW? And do you use minoxidil? I think it's very important to use that, 25 going on 65 should get on minox if he's not already. It works really well if you're taking dut.

I am taking 0.5 daily of Dutagen combined with a dermaroller three times a week with Minoxidil foam 5 %.. with a rotation of Ketoconazole shampoo and T-Sal with the salicylic acid in it to strip the sebum and oil plugs and other crap out of the hair shafts. I have to go back and get the information as to where I get the Dut but I can tell you that they have been strictly Visa transactions on my end.

If you get your dut from an online pharm, may I have the website?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

Did you have a shed on minox?