+ Reply to Thread

Default The Cure for Baldness, Coming Soon!

I hope that this really comes to the market soon. Looks like this will definately blow everything out there for hairloss out of the water and pretty much obsolete. I finally found the video. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64ht1r8APo

Default hair loss miracles

i'd like to believe it too.

Unfortunately, with mice all you have to do is look at them and they grow hair. Why? It's a conundrum!

With regard to stimulating the scalp, i first suggested this to Dr. Cotsarelis back in 1998 as i recall. He thought it was fascinating that I could make follicles acquire a higher diameter by stimulating the scalp surgically. With regard to growing hair, i think you will find this only applies to mice at this time.

The bottom line is that we have a long way to go. I hope that way is shorter rather than longer.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I think before you get to excited you should wait to see if they can reproduce these results in other animals or rodents. Is there a reason why you only see these studied being performed on mice? I do agree that stimulation of the scalp can be accomplished with several different methods and probably induces several benefits to the scalp and hair. This is why you are hearing about scalp stimulation in conjunction with PRP and LLLT therapy.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

True. we should wait to see if we can make it work in humans. I think you can look at a mouse and he will grow hair.

I want to think that PRP and LLLT work, but I'm still not convinced. I love Joe Greco and i want to give his system a trial, but i am concerned about charging patients for something that is not proven.

I charged patients for body hair because Dr. Woods said it work even though I did not know what would happen. I also warned patients that BHT might not work before i ever did the procedure. I learned a valuable lesson. You can tell patients all you want that a procedure might not work. You can put it in a consent form. However, some of them will still be upset when it does not work out.

Therefore, i think anyone should wait on something such as PRP prior to pursuing it. It may work in some. It may work in all. It may not work at all. I'd wait to jump on this band wagon.

i now know that body hair transplant work well in some patients, but not well in other patients. If Dr. Woods had disclosed this from the beginning, patients would have been better off. We were led to believe that it worked in all patients and our initial results suggested that it did. It was only with repeated procedures that we found it did not always work. Be careful with PRP. It is still too early.

I think LLLT is less of a risk because it is of limited cost for a unit that works for years. I would not have a physician sign you up for a regular treatment plan over months or years because this is too costly and the results are not proven.

While it's true that people should wait for the clinical data to be collected, I think if you have the money and can't wait for the slow process of data collecting, then you should go right ahead and try it.
    I scheduled my PRP treatment with Dr. Greco already. I don't expect any dramatic results, as I would be tremendously satisfied if it can slow or halt my current loss.

Another interesting thing that Dr. Greco said was that he has noticed that PRP works better for Alopecia Areata, or telogen effluvium than for full on MPB. This is actually great news for me, as I'm fairly certain that my hair loss is largely telogen effluvium, or another type of diffuse alopecia. But, the only way to know definitively is to try it.

Great little topic.
    And Nice work--thank you for sharing- for me this makes perfect sense though.
    Simulation pret immobilier | Taux credit immobilier de France | Calcul de financement par courtier

Thanks for posting that. It's great to see yet another possible cure for baldness. Between this and hair cloning it really makes you feel like we are getting closer to a better solution.

If this does come to market, I find it more appealing than hair cloning or transplants. With a hair transplant, I'm just fearful that I might not be happy with the result; and afterall it's permenant.

i have seen that video a year ago but i haven't heard anything yet
    it's just another cure in the queue
    it's the first to the FDA approval wins kinda thing
    imagine the queues outside hair transplant clinics if/when they come out
    i am a little pessimistic because intercytex were clearly at the front till it all failed due to the business being ran by someone with the business sense of a rotten crumpet, they finished phase 2 so they were really out in front
    ARI has been forgotten about a bit but they are in phase 2 so they should be able to come before histogen, if phase 2 goes well they will easily be on the market first
    this treatment is follica i think and i don't think they passed phase 1 yet but i am not sure
    ,histogen is phase 1 but seem to have the most publicity
    tricoscience hasn't even started phase 1
    so really from what i can see 1 of them should make it through the FDA net but you might as well get an FUE because it'll be a long time 2020 maybe....