+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default ishrs-2013: Dr Wesley and ... Jahoda !!

Here's the full program for ishrs-2013:
    http://www.ishrs.org/sites/default/f...b_06-29-13.pdf

Everybody knows Dr Wesley will speak about his scarless FUE method. But also extremely interesting is going to be the fact that Jahoda is going to give an update on his hair cloning research. Extremely interesting and hopefully he has some good news !

"Dr. Jahoda will speak on “Hair Follicle Cloning, Regeneration, and Other Prospective Developments for the Transplant Clinic - Where Are We Now?”"

And for the people who wonder 'who is Jahoda': this is the guy who managed to biogenerate a hair follicle, transplanted it on human skin (which in turn was transplanted onto SCID mice) and have it grow hair. This guy is the European version of Tsuji labs. In fact, one could argue is further than Tsuji, since he managed to grow it on human skin, while Tsuji grew it on mouse skin.

Based on my phone conversation with Dr. Nigam, it seems that Jahoda is his biggest idol. Im so looking forward for this annual ISHRS meeting. I hope someone will update us of whats going to be announced there

And what was the hold up with his stuff?

Great stuff thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    And what was the hold up with his stuff
    Well, the biggest issue is that they didn't have 100% success, they claimed 'partial success', and they thought it was because of the lack of a hair epithelial influence in the assay (so the lack of influence of these cells in the 3d culture). Hopefully they've been working on that and have some good news there. Either way, it's going to be a really interesting presentation.

Jahoda's one of the very top scientists in the field, so it will be great to get an overview from him on where things stands. Both presentations should be extremely interesting though. Wish someone would record them and post them online!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Wish someone would record them and post them online!
    I hope so too !! It would be a damn shame if we wouldn't get to know what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I hope so too !! It would be a damn shame if we wouldn't get to know what he said.
    Even if they won't be recorded, I hope that someone from the forums will at least be able to listen to the presentations and report back the key details.

Wasn't there an initiative last spring to send Desmond or another knowledge poster on here to the hair congress conference? Now might be a good time to revive something like that...

Even if they won't be recorded, I hope that someone from the forums will at least be able to listen to the presentations and report back the key details.

Wasn't there an initiative last spring to send Desmond or another knowledge poster on here to the hair congress conference? Now might be a good time to revive something like that...
    I'll put money towards travel expenses. Preferably someone from the states.

Man I would love for Desmond to go there and report back to us But I think Desmond is from Australia ?