+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Not only will there be absolutely no interesting news, but we might hear pretty depressing statements such as "hair transplants are and will remain the gold standards for many years to come". Just like we did last year.

I do have to say that I wish I could hear what Jahoda has to say, but only because it would be interesting to hear him talk. Not because I believe that all the sudden he is going to come out of nowhere and say "I am in phase III!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    I do have to say that I wish I could hear what Jahoda has to say, but only because it would be interesting to hear him talk. Not because I believe that all the sudden he is going to come out of nowhere and say "I am in phase III!"
    He won't say that. But it's going to be damn interesting to hear where he stands with his research. Last time he succeeded at growing hair on human skin, but reported only 'partial success' which he thought was due to lack of epithal cell influence. That was more than half a year ago. Maybe he's researched that and found something.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Not only will there be absolutely no interesting news, but we might hear pretty depressing statements such as "hair transplants are and will remain the gold standards for many years to come". Just like we did last year.

Yeah, I don't even take these ISHRS conferences seriously anymore. Just more people trumpeting hair transplants and doing anything possible to denigrate and be negative about future treatments. I am interesting in what Jahoda has to say but the rest of the conference is just a bunch of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Yeah, I don't even take these ISHRS conferences seriously anymore. Just more people trumpeting hair transplants and doing anything possible to denigrate and be negative about future treatments. I am interesting in what Jahoda has to say but the rest of the conference is just a bunch of garbage.
    It's a shame they're having a bunch of presentations regarding FUT. It's almost criminal, promoting ancient barbaric techniques that disfigure patients for life. I was at the gym yesterday, saw a regular visitor there, he's been thinning quite a lot and last few months I clearly saw his FUT scar appearing. Yesterday he gave up the battle and shaved it all, the guy just looked so sad with that huge scar on his head ... I can't believe it they're even still talking about this technique ...

It really is barbaric to slit the back of your head like that. Please, nobody get an fut ever again.

So what's the deal??

To me, the only potentially legitimate options for people who don't want to take fin are: scarless fue or Jahoda with potential regeneration, and tsjui labs down the line? Is this what were down to? Which I don't mind all that much because I have faith in both, at least way more than anderans replicel or histogen

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yesterday he gave up the battle and shaved it all, the guy just looked so sad with that huge scar on his head ...
    I have seen many guys like that in my city. At some point, as hair loss progresses, they decide to cut their hair really short or shave it. And then ...

Really a sad sight.

I agree with all of you, nobody should do a fut, I think thats why fue isnt full developed right now. Its what dr Cole says: some ht surgeons are lazy to learn new techniques because those that they use just satisfy their customers.
    But we are looking for excellence, Fut must be a thing of the past.
    Sorry about my little english, just want to support the idea you have.
    Im just waitting for nigams or pilofocus to get an ht and if in the future all goes wrong i just shave it

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    It's a shame they're having a bunch of presentations regarding FUT. It's almost criminal, promoting ancient barbaric techniques that disfigure patients for life. I was at the gym yesterday, saw a regular visitor there, he's been thinning quite a lot and last few months I clearly saw his FUT scar appearing. Yesterday he gave up the battle and shaved it all, the guy just looked so sad with that huge scar on his head ... I can't believe it they're even still talking about this technique ...
    I'll never forget the first time I saw some one with an FUT scar. It was the summer of 2011 and I was at one of my big, outdoor rock shows. A guy moved down the aisle past me. He had his head shaved yet there was this huge ear-to-ear scar on the back of his head. If I had seen this a year earlier, I would've had no clue what it was. I would've assumed he had gotten into a bad accident or had endured a bad beating. But I had just signed up for the forums then so I therefore knew exactly what this was. Although I despise hair loss with a passion, I NEVER want to be in the position where I need to worry about a linear scar on the back of my head.

These hair transplant procedures (especially FUT) are very limited, maximally-invasive, and the downsides are permanent. It's no wonder that only a tiny minority of hair loss sufferers opt for these procedures. These HT surgeons know this yet they still trumpet these hair transplant procedures as some type of gold standard, despite the statistical fact that most people aren't even interested in them. They always seem to propose that hair restoration must involve some type of surgery. It's sickening.

What we really need are a new breed of hair restoration doctors (similar to Dr. Nigam) who are interested in promoting and trying new hair regrowth methods that do not involve invasive surgery.

One day to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    One day to go!!
    what do you think the news will be? unlimited donor hair?