+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    hey pal its hard to say. I think I may be maintaining but its still early to tell with pictures. I made this thread last month so you can be the judge for yourself.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=107737

Regardless, when I see my hair loss doc next june we will compare pics then and I may go on DUT if im not satisfied. I also want to get another blood test done in December to see if my levels have changed at the 6 month mark compared to the first month which was june.

Have you noticed any maintenance or regrowth?
    Sweet man thanks for the resposne I'll check that link.

I've had no results, I was taking 0.25mg/day and it turns out it only reduced my DHT by 10% after 2 months, so I just upped to 1mg/day this week. Gonna retest in a month or two and see what happens. I found it odd we both had really high baseline DHT and 1mg for you only lowered 30%, which is signifigant, but way less than it is supposed to (50-70%). It'll be interesting to see if yours is any lower now after 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Sweet man thanks for the resposne I'll check that link.

I've had no results, I was taking 0.25mg/day and it turns out it only reduced my DHT by 10% after 2 months, so I just upped to 1mg/day this week. Gonna retest in a month or two and see what happens. I found it odd we both had really high baseline DHT and 1mg for you only lowered 30%, which is signifigant, but way less than it is supposed to (50-70%). It'll be interesting to see if yours is any lower now after 6 months.
    No worries man. And yeah all the testing done with fin in the trials and everything is with 1mg so when I told my doc I was going to use .5mg he said it was a bad idea. I noticed a lot of ppl here say using .25 or even .5 is the same as using 1mg which doesn't make a lot of sense and ive emailed various hair loss doctors who have confirmed the less you take the less of an effect it will have. Now that your upping it to 1mg you will probably see results or at least maintenance unless your hair loss is just too aggressive.

Im not sure if the drug will continuously lower DHT over time or if its already lowered it as much as it can which makes the 6 month DHT test a real make or break with fin imo

Dan26, I have seen you put on several posts how you tested your dht and it was only down 10%. That isnt accurate. I am assuming you got a blood dht test. If you really want to see where your DHT is at, get a saliva test and I believe you want to get it in the morning. That will be far more accurate.

.5mg and 1mg of finasteride inhibit the EXACT same amount of DHT. .25 is only like 7-10% less than .5 and 1mb. Finasteride has such a straight line of DHT inhibition. The graph doesnt seriously start to drop until you are down to .2 or lower. I have even seen people saying they got results from.16. Again it depends on your own body makeup and chemistry on top of how aggressive your hair loss is.

But take a look at the graph and youll see for yourself.

bro ive seen that graph and read dosing info on finasteride for hours on end lol...the point of me getting these tests was to see if that info held true, atleast for myself and my own case

truth is DHT reduction can vary between individuals...One study I recall 1mg was shown to lower, after 6 months, anywhere between 50-70%. Fin DOES NOT have a flat dose response rate...it almost does, but not quite.

where did u get that info on saliva test? can you post a study or somthing cause that doesn't sound right

And take Goldbonds results, he took 1mg for 6 weeks and it lowerd his DHT by only 30%..according to all those stuides on in dosing his DHT should have been cut by atleast 50% within weeks

either way ill retest my DHT in a month or so after being on a higher dose and well see what it says..its too bad more ppl dont get baseline hormone and then retake after being on fin a while because i have a feeling the results would be all over the place