+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 22 y/o- Should I get on Fin?

I posted on this board yesterday, but I had the thread deleted because I felt like I had too much personal info. on there.

Anyways, I'm 22. I've always been told by my barber that I have thick hair. At age 19, I felt that maybe my hair was thinning a bit. Looking at pictures from when I was young (i.e. age 10), my temples have definitely recessed. Over the past few weeks, I feel like the diffuse thinning has started again.

My paternal grandfather went bald young; my maternal grandfather has MPB; my father is about a NW2A at age 50; and my paternal uncle also has all his hair around 60.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Should I get on Fin? I'm already extremely stressed out as is, and the thought of going bald is making matters much, much worse.

Here are my pics. Notice the scalp showing on the right-rear of the head. I don't know how much of this is thinning and how much of this is a wicked cowlick because as you can see in one of my profile pictures, the hair sticks up in back.

http://m919.photobucket.com/albums/nm825/

Quote Originally Posted by nm825 View Post
    I posted on this board yesterday, but I had the thread deleted because I felt like I had too much personal info. on there.

Anyways, I'm 22. I've always been told by my barber that I have thick hair. At age 19, I felt that maybe my hair was thinning a bit. Looking at pictures from when I was young (i.e. age 10), my temples have definitely recessed. Over the past few weeks, I feel like the diffuse thinning has started again.

My paternal grandfather went bald young; my maternal grandfather has MPB; my father is about a NW2A at age 50; and my paternal uncle also has all his hair around 60.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Should I get on Fin? I'm already extremely stressed out as is, and the thought of going bald is making matters much, much worse.

Here are my pics. Notice the scalp showing on the right-rear of the head. I don't know how much of this is thinning and how much of this is a wicked cowlick because as you can see in one of my profile pictures, the hair sticks up in back.

http://m919.photobucket.com/albums/nm825/
    You're not balding.
    You've no signs of miniaturization.
    You've normal temples.
    Everyone has a little bald spot in their crown. else you're a beaver.
    If you're fearing of going bald seek a dermatologist, he or she can map your hair and look for miniaturized hair.

If you're balding, get on fin ASAP. It takes a year to see results so you'll still lose hair while on fin.

Have you try hair transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    You're not balding.
    You've no signs of miniaturization.
    You've normal temples.
    Everyone has a little bald spot in their crown. else you're a beaver.
    If you're fearing of going bald seek a dermatologist, he or she can map your hair and look for miniaturized hair.
    You can't see miniturization from those pics because it's too grainy. I don't think you should listen to this guy. Your hair is receding at the temples- not much, but it is i think. it's a bit better than mine. Don't wait to get on fin, just do it. I waited 6 or so months for it to inevitably creep back a bit further. wish i'd have just gone for it. when your on fin, you can rest assured knowing you're likely to stop it in its tracks. proscar cut into fifths, very cheap.

Honestly, you have no miniaturization at this time and your is very thick. I don't believe you have any reason to get on fin at this time. All you have is a mature hairline. Trust me, I would die to have your hair. I'm 20 and I'm diffused thinning and receding so I would hold off on the fin until you start noticing miniaturization in your temples or on the back of your head. You would basically be taking it right now to maintain what you have but until there is a reason to start maintaing there is no point. The bald spot on the back of your head is very normal for many people. Some people are just less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by slantofreality View Post
    If you're balding, get on fin ASAP. It takes a year to see results so you'll still lose hair while on fin.
    this might be the dumbest post I've ever read on here

yo Goldbond how has your fin experience been bro? I ask because we had similarily high DHT levels and fin didn't seem to lower our DHT as much as it should!

Are you maintaing or any regrowth?

If you have noticed hair loss

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes you should get on Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    yo Goldbond how has your fin experience been bro? I ask because we had similarily high DHT levels and fin didn't seem to lower our DHT as much as it should!

Are you maintaing or any regrowth?
    hey pal its hard to say. I think I may be maintaining but its still early to tell with pictures. I made this thread last month so you can be the judge for yourself.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=107737

Regardless, when I see my hair loss doc next june we will compare pics then and I may go on DUT if im not satisfied. I also want to get another blood test done in December to see if my levels have changed at the 6 month mark compared to the first month which was june.

Have you noticed any maintenance or regrowth?