+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny forum

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    They're going to beat mpb into submission i guess...
    Hahahaha quality

But on a serious note, to me this looks very bad. This deal has the word SCAM written all over it. A company whose core activity is promoting cage fighting, which doesn't have any cash at all, is merging with a company that is fighting hairloss and needs .... cash ? This stinks ..

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    But on a serious note, to me this looks very bad. This deal has the word SCAM written all over it. A company whose core activity is promoting cage fighting, which doesn't have any cash at all, is merging with a company that is fighting hairloss and needs .... cash ? This stinks ..
    It does sound bad, but I have heard of all of those MMA companies. How do you know how much cash they have?

I think the merged Histogen company will just be a subsidiary of their kind of umbrella corp, so I wouldn't worry too much. Gail wouldn't have taken this lightly, her reputation, career, and billions of dollars are on the line.

Also this guy http://www.forbes.com/profile/isaac-blech/ and this guy http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/12/...arer_LF2S.html are gunna be involved. They seem to have a lot of biotech investing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    It does sound bad, but I have heard of all of those MMA companies. How do you know how much cash they have?

I think the merged Histogen company will just be a subsidiary of their kind of umbrella corp, so I wouldn't worry too much. Gail wouldn't have taken this lightly, her reputation, career, and billions of dollars are on the line.

Also this guy http://www.forbes.com/profile/isaac-blech/ and this guy http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/12/...arer_LF2S.html are gunna be involved. They seem to have a lot of biotech investing experience.
    You can find their key statistics here: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SMDI+Key+Statistics

They're out of cash and burn 8M/year.

Yeah these two guys, that's interesting for sure. I didn't get where they came from though, but it seems they're just shareholders of that cage fighting company ?

But I'd agree, the fact that they appointed those 2 guys is a good thing. But a cage fighting company going into biotech ?? I don't know what to think of it ... Sounds really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You can find their key statistics here: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SMDI+Key+Statistics

They're out of cash and burn 8M/year.

Yeah these two guys, that's interesting for sure. I didn't get where they came from though, but it seems they're just shareholders of that cage fighting company ?
    Hmm I'm not sure. Hopefully they're not just making a grab for some easy funding from baldies because they're broke. I doubt that's the case.

This paragraph:

"Histogen's technology platform opens a spectrum of potential product opportunities in both aesthetics and therapeutics, an ideal fit with our vision for Restorgenex," said Sol J. Barer, Ph.D., who will assume the position of Chairman of the Board of Restorgenex effective November 1, 2013. "The expertise of the Histogen team in developing regenerative products from concept to market, along with the success Histogen has already found in skincare partnering, will add significant value to our Company."

Seems to indicate he's more than just a shareholder, maybe they were brought on by the MMA company and given some percentage too?

This:
    "It is an honor to be working with biotechnology visionaries Dr. Sol Barer and Isaac Blech, and to have them recognize the promise of Histogen's products is a true testament to the unique and exciting nature of our technology."
    Also sounds positive.

They're probably two investors who have had some degree of success in their industry and who believe in histogen. The rest is all for accounting purposes.

I'm just kind if worried about marketing and sales channels honestly, I was hoping for a big pharma company to come in and provide infrastructure for development, trained sales force, and a ton of cash. Replicel style. I am however faithful that they know what they're doing and don't need us to tell them,especially with our limited knowledge.

Merging with Histogen doesn't seem to be some random acquire. Last month they also announced they are merging with Canterbury Laboratories, LLC and Hygeia Therapeutics, Inc.

One of the things Hygeia was developing a non-steroidal topical anti-androgen that never got into trials, I think. (http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1708)

"Stratus, which will be renamed Restorgenex Corporation, plans to create a world-class cosmeceutical and pharmaceutical company in the large and expanding field of dermatology and restorative medicine. The merger agreement was approved by the board of directors of all companies and is expected to close following the satisfaction of customary closing conditions including the completion of the audit of Canterbury and Hygeia. Upon the closing, Stratus will acquire the exclusive license for 24 patent-protected compounds from Yale University. These unique compounds address hormonal aging and are scientifically validated to improve the appearance of skin and hair. Upon the closing, Restorgenex Corporation plans to build an anti-aging skincare brand for women over forty-five."

Stratus is just a shell company, the MMA ops will be discontinued. Yes, they're "broke" - they'll use the public stock as a financing vehicle for Histogen and Hygeia.

Thumbs up

Holy! Histogen & Hygeia are merging together!!! That's one for the books

Gail just got her hands on the patent for a topical anti-androgen similar to CB-03-01....

Let the race begin