+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Good luck Gord! As for me, today will be the 8th day and still no sides. Hopefully a year from now we will both be one of the success stories.

I think the key is to just not think about it. Treat it like a vitamin and live your life. I think sides are more likely to show if you expect them. The mind is a powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post
    Well I took the plunge today. .25 ed. If it maintains then I see no reason to go up. Ill keep you all posted. Arc we are in this together brother.

Oh yeah, welcome to the club.

Thanks notcool. Not that I dont love all of you, but I am going to try and stay away from forums and dr google for a while. Ill keep you updated though if any sides kick in.

Im only on day 2 of .25mg and the only thing that feels any different is I think my skin is slightly more oily and my sex drive is through the roof.

Im sure if will balance out over time as I hear high sex drive is common for the first short while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post
    Thanks notcool. Not that I dont love all of you, but I am going to try and stay away from forums and dr google for a while. Ill keep you updated though if any sides kick in.

Im only on day 2 of .25mg and the only thing that feels any different is I think my skin is slightly more oily and my sex drive is through the roof.

Im sure if will balance out over time as I hear high sex drive is common for the first short while.
    Ya when I first started my sex drive went through the roof as well. Didn't take long for everything to go back to normal though.

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    do not believe the horror stories about finasteride, they are all fake, trust me!! there is no permanent side effect and all temporary. so please please please do not do the same mistake i did please please because you will regret it later on. go to a good doctor to prescribe propecia for you
    Gordknight, remember that is you who would be taking the drug, not this guy, not Merck, [Incendiary commentary removed.]

Propecia can mostly certainly cause permanent side effects, so proceed with caution.
    Last edited by Winston; 10-13-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Gordknight, remember that is you who would be taking the drug, not this guy, not Merck, [Incendiary commentary removed.]

Propecia can mostly certainly cause permanent side effects, so proceed with caution.
    You mean persistent side effects, that can be treated.

And these persistent side effects have not been observed in any of the many long-term studies done for Finasteride, on over 6000 men. So the chances of getting persistent side effects that take a long time to go away, are extremely slim.

I'm only 17 and I've been on Finasteride for a while and feel great (with a prescription from a dermatologist and an OK from an Endocrinologist).

2% of Finasteride users experience side effects. Honestly, if you do not fall under this 2%, then your solution for balding (at least for 5-10 years) is simple.

By the way wanna know when I had some serious libido and erection problems?

When I was devastated by the amount of hair I was losing.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post

And these persistent side effects have not been observed in any of the many long-term studies done for Finasteride, on over 6000 men. So the chances of getting persistent side effects that take a long time to go away, are extremely slim.
    6000 men? Big deal!

Many posters from propeciahelp will swear the odds of getting sides are at best 50-50.

Lol. OP might take you seriously.

Notcool, nah I am not taking the propeciahelp stuff to heart. I am not saying that a lot of these guys are making up their side effects, but the reality is Propecia is a very safe drug if you look at the stats. Ever take Aspirin? Cause you are playing with fire with that drug too. EVERY drug ever approved by the FDA has potential side effects.

I am sure there are a lot of guys though that have sides and it REALLY is all in their head. I should know, diagnosed hypochondriac here. If you tell yourself enough times that you have colon cancer, a brain tumor or anything from the symptoms of a cold, in time you will develop symptoms of those serious illnesses.

I feel confident in the fact that the hair surgeon that prescribed me finasteride said he has over 3500 patients on finasteride and out of all of them he had take 3 of them off the drug. 1 because he had a liver issue that is unrelated and cant take any drugs of any kind because of it. The other 2 because of sexual side effects that they couldnt handle. One recovered within a month of being off the drug and the other just chose to lower his dosage to .5mg ed and his sides went away. So really out of 3500 patients ONE guy had side effects he couldnt manage and so got off the drug and he recovered.

He also said that when all the lawsuits against Merck started happening he met with a group of over 150 other doctors that are part of the ABHRS and he said NONE of the doctors had a patient that ever reported permanent/persistent long time side effects from the drug.

I've learned a lot in the past from my bouts of hypochondria and I know not to give into fear mongering anymore. Ill look at the facts and then try. Cause if Finasteride doesnt work for me or I get unmanagable sides... At least I can say I did all I could.