+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yeah you have some thinning, recession, and some crown loss. With that being said, your hair is still in pretty good shape. You are at the point where if you respond well to treatments you could get a good amount of it back. Hopefully fin works for you.

I didn't see it mentioned earlier in this thread, but what do you feel about trying minoxidil? It can make a good 1-2 punch with finasteride. Unlike what it may indicate on the box, it does work on the hairline. Not trying to push you into anything, but just throwing some options out there.

I started Fin 5 days ago and have yet to have any side effects. I got the generic 5mg proscar online and cut them in 1/4ths so have been taking 1.25mg daily. I too was terrified by the horror stories and have been debating whether or not to go on it since I got my first hair transplant 5 years ago. I now feel like I wasted five years by letting those stories get the best of me. I think the large majority of men that use Fin do not experience debilitating sides its just those damn horror stories that really travel the internet. Its only been 5 days and I know the sides may be delayed for some people but as of now I feel great. I actually feel like I have been having a higher sex drive since starting. Not to be the TMI guy but the first night I woke up with 3 ragers and have been experiencing solid erections, possibly stronger than before. Even been having a increase in semen although maybe a little more watery then usual. I don't know how this is possible since I read the complete opposite in many posts but I would like to think it has to do with this medication. I think positive thinking has a lot to do with it as well. The mind is a powerful tool and if you think of the negative sides they may manifest. I know its only been 5 days and I don't even know if this will work for my hair but as of now I am happy about finally trying it out. Fin is proven to be one of the best things you can do to be proactive against hairloss. I think you should give it a shot. Just stay away from reading those horror stories and THINK POSITIVE... Sorry for the long reply I'm just a little excited and happy to share my story. Good Luck to you all!!

Arc, Im glad to hear your story. How old are you? How aggressive is your hair loss?

I am literally staring at the box of propecia on my desk as I type this lol. We are having a staring contest.

Im confident that if I get sides that it will go away if I discontinue the drug, I just have this unrealistic notion that popping that first fraction of a pill will set me down a road of no return. Silly I know.

To be honest if I wasnt in the entertainment industry where my appearance was so important, Id just let nature take it's course. But on the other hand if I can have the same success as Spencer and maintain my current hair until a new "cure" comes out then I can lay this bitch to rest.

It just sucks that some people don't get sides for months to years after being on the drug and that makes me think that you'd just be always be waiting for the bomb to go off.

Still havent taken the dive yet. Standing on the edge staring into the water lol. I picked up some Nizoral today because my scalp has been really itchy and flaky lately (normal for me when the seasons change). If I start Ill definitely start on the .25 mg a day dose and then stay the **** away from forums and Dr. Google for a while and just treat it like Im taking a vitamin.

To be honest the thing that scares me most of all the sides is the goddamn Gyno. I mean dealing with trouble getting it up and watery loads is one thing, and managable, but as an actor I can't have bitch tits nor can I afford to remove bitch tits.

The fact that out hair follicles are even sensitive to a hormone our own body creates is all the proof I need that there is no God.

I really think everyones body is different. 0.25mg reduced my DHT by only 10%! Makes no sense...and all my other hormones were in healthy range. Some ppl will take it and notice nothign with there bodies other take a small amount and get owned lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post
    Still havent taken the dive yet. Standing on the edge staring into the water lol. I picked up some Nizoral today because my scalp has been really itchy and flaky lately (normal for me when the seasons change). If I start Ill definitely start on the .25 mg a day dose and then stay the **** away from forums and Dr. Google for a while and just treat it like Im taking a vitamin.

To be honest the thing that scares me most of all the sides is the goddamn Gyno. I mean dealing with trouble getting it up and watery loads is one thing, and managable, but as an actor I can't have bitch tits nor can I afford to remove bitch tits.

The fact that out hair follicles are even sensitive to a hormone our own body creates is all the proof I need that there is no God.
    What I will recommend is to take it during the time of day when you have little time to think about sides. I take it just before work, so I rarely have time to think about what can happen. When I first started taking fin, I usually had sides on my days off when I had plenty of time to think about it. Now I don't really think about it and all is good. Lastly, yeah gyno would suck, big time.

I am a month away from 29. I think my hairloss is pretty aggressive. I am norwood 4 without the loss in the crown but slowly thinning in that area. I have already had 2 hair transplants (my second one last month) so I was pretty much already all-in and decided to try out the fin.

I think you should give it a shot man. You already purchased it and if it just sits there you will be contemplating it for weeks maybe months and it will drive you crazy. I understand its terrifying and I was with you. But just think of all those guys who it has helped(majority of users) and stop thinking of the side effects.

It may sound silly but when I have been taking it this past week I have been thinking of it as some sort of miracle pill that will not only help my hair but bring back my youth and have actually been feeling better. I suggest you start working out (if you do not already) or maybe try meditation or read some self development books so you can take some of those positive feeling and associate it with taking the pill.

Thank's Arc. I really hope that the fin works for you and gives you that ever elusive youth we all seek. I am definitely leaning towards at least giving it a shot.

One question I do have for Dan26 or anyone else that may know is this:

Would it be wise to get a hormone and baseline test before I go on fin? Is there a way to see from my baseline levels if I would be a good responder or at the very least am more likely to get certain sides such as Gyno?

thanks everyone for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post
    Thank's Arc. I really hope that the fin works for you and gives you that ever elusive youth we all seek. I am definitely leaning towards at least giving it a shot.

One question I do have for Dan26 or anyone else that may know is this:

Would it be wise to get a hormone and baseline test before I go on fin? Is there a way to see from my baseline levels if I would be a good responder or at the very least am more likely to get certain sides such as Gyno?

thanks everyone for your replies.
    It is always a good idea to get baselines brother.

Unfortunately your results wont really give any indication as to how you will respond or of your risk to adverse sides. BUT, if a problem were to ever arise, having those baseline levels is important to refer back to.

I had baselines, and then retested while I was on, and the dose I took barely did anything to my DHT! So now I gotta up the dose lol.

Well I took the plunge today. .25 ed. If it maintains then I see no reason to go up. Ill keep you all posted. Arc we are in this together brother.