+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If you had to pick 1 Dr. RIGHT NOW

If you had to pick 1 Dr. right now, who would you go to? I am 32, am a NW4, and dont' want to wait anymore. I want' something done NOW. I am thinking either Cole or Gho. My goals are, 1)Good aesthetic result 2)No scarring/ability to shave down 3)Regeneration, as much as possible. My donor has been inspected by two top docs, both of whom said my donor is almost all singles and doubles so, Gho not using many 3's doesn't really affect me. Thoughts? If you had to go to 1 Dr. right now...money not being a concern, who would you go to?

At the very least wait 2 weeks to see what Pilofocus is going to bring us october 23. My hopes aren't too high, pretty low actually, but come on, 2 weeks more won't kill ya

Apart from that, I'd strongly advise to wait and see wat Nigams/Mwamba come up with. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, so sorry for that, but just my 2 cents.

Last tip: If you go for Gho, I'd make sure I'd get Gho himself as your doctor. The waiting list is a bit longer but I think it's worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Last tip: If you go for Gho, I'd make sure I'd get Gho himself as your doctor. The waiting list is a bit longer but I think it's worth the wait.
    That's an interesting comment. What difference do you think this will make?

Does Gho ever do the extracting?

I had Gho place a few grafts in my hairline using stick and place in my 1st procedure, but that's about as much as he's ever done on my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    If you had to pick 1 Dr. right now, who would you go to? I am 32, am a NW4, and dont' want to wait anymore. I want' something done NOW. I am thinking either Cole or Gho. My goals are, 1)Good aesthetic result 2)No scarring/ability to shave down 3)Regeneration, as much as possible. My donor has been inspected by two top docs, both of whom said my donor is almost all singles and doubles so, Gho not using many 3's doesn't really affect me. Thoughts? If you had to go to 1 Dr. right now...money not being a concern, who would you go to?
    If you literally can't wait then go to Gho.

What Arashi said though is sensible advice!

I have to say that I have yet to see a Gho result that cannot be achieved by traditional FUE. In fact, I have seen FUE results that far exceed Gho's, so I really don't understand the hype around HST.

Are there any benefits other than the lack of scarring? His prices are astronomical and it seems regeneration is now questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    At the very least wait 2 weeks to see what Pilofocus is going to bring us october 23. My hopes aren't too high, pretty low actually, but come on, 2 weeks more won't kill ya

Apart from that, I'd strongly advise to wait and see wat Nigams/Mwamba come up with. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, so sorry for that, but just my 2 cents.

I'm just not very pleased with my aesthetic result, I would definitely try Gho himself next time. He always does the celebs too.

Never make any decisions out of desperation or you really may end up regretting them in the future. I'm also going to encourage you to wait and see how Pilofocus and the Mwamba/Nigam doubling partnership turns out. We'll get some more information on Pilofocus in a few weeks, like Arashi pointed out, and I also expect to hear more from Mwamba/Nigam in the coming weeks and months.

The hair transplant industry is at a crossroads right now. If these treatments pan out, then they will totally change the entire industry. In that case people who got traditional hair transplants may end up regretting it. On the other hand, there's a reasonable chance these options might not work out. In that case, I don't anticipate any advancements coming out any time in the near future. I think this is a good time to sit back and let things pan out for a bit.

Just understand the limitations of standard hair transplant procedures if you must go down that route: You will have scarring which means no shaving/buzzcuts. You will continue to lose hair, which probably means more than one procedure. The donor area is finite and you probably won't be able to cover up your entire balding areas, which means thinner coverage unless you have minimal hair loss.

If you absolutely must go, I'd recommend:
    - Hasson and Wong for strip.
    - Feriduni for FUE.
    - Gho for a visibly scarless, perhaps thinnner recipient with the possibility of some donor regeneration.

It's ultimately up to you to decide though. My ideal option if things work out is someone like Feriduni with doubling.

I'd say use Gho as well. He did my new hairline and it's very well done.

Out of curiosity, why is there not much talk about Cole. He claims 60% regeneration. If it is to believed that Gho is an exaggerator and provides thin recipients, wouldn't Cole be the top guy now in the regeneration department? Does anyone know if he is consistently getting 60% regeneration or is that a best case scenario?

I'll probably wait for the Pilofocus presentation, that seems interesting. Its hard to get your hopes up for Nigam. He is just all over the place. My only hope is that Mwamba discovers something, and transfers it to Cole in the US (Cole trained Mwamba and Mwamba uses his "FIT" brand name)

I have to agree with what was said above; in many ways this is the worst possible time to be impetuous with your hair loss treatment. The is the twilight of the rogaine, propecia, strip era. At the very least, we're a year or so away from a scarrless hair transplant surgery, so the barbaric procedure of the last thirty years should be gone. We might or might not be close to a partial cure in the next 3-5 years. I know how much it sucks to not have a decent head of hair now, but really think about the rest of your life and don't do something quick based on the here and now.