+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Capitan
    My best friend went bald before he was 19, no joke, it was tough on him, he wore a hat for a good 4 years straight hanging onto whatever was left up there. Eventually a girl he was dating gave him the confidence to shave it and own it. So by 24 he was through the sh!t swim of it all and had accepted his fate.

Me on the otherhand, I had a maternal grandfather who was bald at 26, and having seen my best bud go so quick, I've lived life always thinking I might have another good 6 to 12 months left. Now fast forward 20 years, I'm 39 now rockin a nw2 or 3 and have lived everyday with the thought that I've probably only got another 12 months or so before I'm done. It's been somewhat of a crippling fear that's affected me daily. My buddy on the otherhand got over this bs 15 years ago and if anything the experience has shaped his personality in incredible ways and made him a better person.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for you, but its a bit like getting into a cold pool, you can jump in, get over the shock and start to enjoy it, or *****foot your way in prolonging the discomfort and reveling in it.