+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My plan is in november when generic propecia prices drop a lot from more generic manufacturers to try propecia and see if it helps my itch since I think for me that is a factor. Nothing has ever helped my itch until I used saw palmetto convincing me its something related to androgens that is obviously poorly understood like most of this stuff.

Itching and many other scalp problems can be caused by things you eat- if you're allergic or have a food intolerance(check out the ingred in Histame) etc. Even if you can't narrow it down to something- various supplements and things like probiotics and enzymes can help as well.

Here's a (small) example of probiotics helping for dandruff: http://skin.gcnpublishing.com/filead...70545_main.pdf

Consumption of the probiotic also re-
    sulted in several secondary benefits, in-
    cluding reduced scalp erythema, itching,
    and greasiness, along with a steady de-
    cline over time in scalp
    Malassezia
    yeast
    counts
    , Dr. Audrey Gueniche reported at
    the annual congress of the European So-
    ciety for Dermatological Research.

Well its nice advice, but the itch is always concentrated where hair is miniaturizing so I still believe its related to MPB somehow in my case. I dont think that is the case for everyone and since its been happening to me for my whole life I doubt its diet or probiotic related but for some people maybe it is.

That's what I always thought too..but I haven't had the problem much since using some of the things I talked about above. It was always in those "MPB areas"...the flare-ups(hurts more than itches) too. I do also use a product called Scalp Defense(just a few times a month lately), especially if I'm noticing anything unusual up there..

There's also this :
    For example, most cases of acne are now believed to arise not only out of the presence of an androgen hormone called DHT within the sebaceous glands, but of an individual's particular sensitivity to that hormone. According to Garcia, hormone activity is profoundly affected by the balance of bacteria in our guts, because the liver's ability to successfully metabolize hormones, is greatly influenced by our probiotic health.
    http://www.informedbeauty.com/gut.shtml

I'm 17, and have been losing hair rapidly for the last 4 months, specifically in the temple region (or what's left of it).

But I have never felt any itching at all.

What do you guys think this means?

My itch is terrible, and I'd really like some advice on it. My itchy is increased when I do exercise, or when I'm embarrassed, or even when I'm not breathing particularly deeply. Does this sound similar to the itching others are experiencing?

Futhermore, it ain't just on my scalp, although it is worse there, but also my forehead and neck occasionally. I am wondering whether it is related to a food allergy, as I have had suspicions about my digestion for a while (frequently less than well in that department). Unfortunately, a gluten/lactose free diet seems very difficult, but I'm going to try it to see if it alleviates at least my digestion, and hopefully some of the itch.

Fin got rid of my itch.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityhair View Post
    My itch is terrible, and I'd really like some advice on it. My itchy is increased when I do exercise, or when I'm embarrassed, or even when I'm not breathing particularly deeply. Does this sound similar to the itching others are experiencing?

Futhermore, it ain't just on my scalp, although it is worse there, but also my forehead and neck occasionally. I am wondering whether it is related to a food allergy, as I have had suspicions about my digestion for a while (frequently less than well in that department). Unfortunately, a gluten/lactose free diet seems very difficult, but I'm going to try it to see if it alleviates at least my digestion, and hopefully some of the itch.
    You probably already know there are enzymes to help with gluten and lactose- Swanson has some good products. I think they have that Histame ingred as well.

This is a FWIW: http://www.hairgrowthlab.com/hair-vi...tto-green-tea/
    One could just get the ingreds themselves(their price seems insane), if the specific pre/probiotics are listed. Same with L'Oreal's product.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Fin got rid of my itch.
    Was your itch comparable to mine? Did it fluctuate when you were exercising/embarrassed/or too hot?