+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

GC,

Right now you have about 25- 30% of original density in your recipient area, still not dense enough to wear it longer, you got to bring it up to 50% unless you are happy with what you got now. Its not bad as you look like some guy who likes shaving as opposed to someone who is forced to shave due to MPB.

Another 3000 hst grafts would be roughly about 50% density.
    Question is where you gonna get this 3000 from? Imo sides are out, it leaves you crown and back of head as only options.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    He shouldnt be deluding himself thinking his donor is still good when it looks like its moth eaten and overharvested , if I can see it in picture people can see it in broad daylight,

Don't end up like this

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1af0a29f.jpg
    How did he end up with all those black dots? Is that really from too much cutting in the back?

GC,

Right now you have about 25- 30% of original density in your recipient area, still not dense enough to wear it longer, you got to bring it up to 50% unless you are happy with what you got now. Its not bad as you look like some guy who likes shaving as opposed to someone who is forced to shave due to MPB.

Another 3000 hst grafts would be roughly about 50% density.
    Question is where you gonna get this 3000 from? Imo sides are out, it leaves you crown and back of head as only options.
    Well I agree that I definitely have to go back for more to make the recipient result denser and to fill gaps/scars, as it is now it's not thick enough, of course I have to wait for these hairs to grow properly, so it can only get better.

As you said another 3000 would do it, but I think if I took another 3000 then I would be pushing it too far IMO, unless I took grafts from outside the unsafe areas, maybe another 1600-1800 for my 5th HST would be sensible as long as none come from the sides, that would take me to approx 6500 HST grafts which will equate to about 9000 hairs IMO of course.

Here are a few pics I took today of my donor with my hair slightly longer, I think it looks slightly better than the 1mm hair cut from last week.
    1 month donor pics

Your donor appears thinned out, no doubt, the longer it grows the funnier it looks bc many hairs are missing.

You crown is much denser than your sides and back of head areas, id go for crown as new donor and that way you'd have more equal density all over the scalp

Id say up to 30-50% of density on the sides is gone, try to zoom in pictures and you will see

am sure a fair part of the gaps will see hair coming back in the 9 months window... let's wait and see, it still looks OK shaved and am sure with 3 cm long, no one would notice.

I honestly think that sides may have lower density, cuz i have thin sides especially around the ears and that before any procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    I honestly think that sides may have lower density, cuz i have thin sides especially around the ears and that before any procedures.
    You're not far from the truth there CC, I also believe some areas regenerate better than others + everyone reacts slightly differently.

My sides are slightly on the low side, but as it is now I don't think it's anything to worry about. I still have that huge scar in my donor which needs filling in and I need more hair in my recipient, so the sides really are the least of my worries, but I will ask them to preserve that area on the next procedure.

The plan is still to have the 5th HST in May, but I've got a hectic year in 2014, baby on way in March and married in August, so things can change quickly and I might decide by then there is more important things to worry about in life!

I personally think by time my 4th HST has grown in (shed quite a bit the last week or so) then I'l have about 7000 hairs in the recipient.

I honestly don't think looking at these photos that I have lost 7000 hairs from my donor: Donor hair -slightly longer hair

I know 7000 hairs is only the equivalent of say 3500 - 4000 FUE, but again I don't think my donor would have looked as good as it currently does with that many grafts taken away if nothing was regenerating.

What's your opinion on my donor I.M, seeing as you started this thread, also how many more do you think I could realistically extract without looking too bad in the donor?

Really happy with it so far anyway!

Your donor appears thinned out, no doubt, the longer it grows the funnier it looks bc many hairs are missing.

You crown is much denser than your sides and back of head areas, id go for crown as new donor and that way you'd have more equal density all over the scalp

Id say up to 30-50% of density on the sides is gone, try to zoom in pictures and you will see
    Didi, you have zero credibility. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    You're not far from the truth there CC, I also believe some areas regenerate better than others + everyone reacts slightly differently.

My sides are slightly on the low side, but as it is now I don't think it's anything to worry about. I still have that huge scar in my donor which needs filling in and I need more hair in my recipient, so the sides really are the least of my worries, but I will ask them to preserve that area on the next procedure.

The plan is still to have the 5th HST in May, but I've got a hectic year in 2014, baby on way in March and married in August, so things can change quickly and I might decide by then there is more important things to worry about in life!

I personally think by time my 4th HST has grown in (shed quite a bit the last week or so) then I'l have about 7000 hairs in the recipient.

I honestly don't think looking at these photos that I have lost 7000 hairs from my donor: Donor hair -slightly longer hair

I know 7000 hairs is only the equivalent of say 3500 - 4000 FUE, but again I don't think my donor would have looked as good as it currently does with that many grafts taken away if nothing was regenerating.

What's your opinion on my donor I.M, seeing as you started this thread, also how many more do you think I could realistically extract without looking too bad in the donor?

Really happy with it so far anyway!

Looking at your result, I have the impression you could easily go for another one and then keep it on standby until something really "curing arrives.
    I am sure that with a fifth one, you will have a result and that you can stay away from treatment for at least three or four years... by this time, you will maybe have better treatment coming to densify your already OK result.

WHat do you think of that?

I would not work on the scar, you will lose loads of grafs, I would put anothe full 1800 on top and live my life with a 2 or 3 cm lenght (easy hair cut) until they bring the cure and then, you can arrange the scar.

Hmmm thats a tricky one for gc! Because an extra 1800 will not guarantee him a good grown out result. However when very short his result looks very good, but have to fix scar. I think time will show what is the best option.