+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landzai View Post
    I've been balding since I am 20 and now I'm 27, hair's been starting to go from norwood 3 to norwood 4. Today I decided to completely shave it off because I'm think if I'm gonna face it eventually, why not right now? I did it, and you know what? My mother saw me today with my bald head and she asked me "why did you do such a thing?" What do you mean why did I do such a thing I'm fxxxking balding what choice do i have. I'm going to be meeting my girlfriend this afternoon, I hope she got something nicer to say~ Anyone had situations like that?
    Take it. It WILL get worse, no doub about it. But you will also grow stronger. Nobody will understand you but youself. You have to endure it. You have begun the slow and painful way out of this sick (albeit justified) obsession wich bind most of us here.

You could also take a small risk and go the rogaine / propecia route and have a good chance of stopping the process in its tracks and a decent chance of regrowing some hair.

But if you are considering this, you must act now. I was an NW3 just breaking into a 4 about 3 years ago and I went the rogaine propecia route. And the medications have worked. Steady progress since then. I am now an NW 2.5 or so and it seems things have stabilized. Hair looks good and the balding is no longer visually apparent.

But you have to act now otherwise the balding will have progressed too far and your follicles will not be able to come back from their miniaturized state.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Same. Mom is sympathetic but in denial....would never acknowledge her son is balding until NW6 probably
    Father is like yours, old school and does not understand. Of course he is NW2 pushing 60 years old, wtf does he know?
    Damn, bet he was a player with his NW0 his whole life. My dad is exactly 60 years old, but NW20.

My mom was in denial, then when hairloss was obvious she blamed me for it. That I had excellent hair and ruined them with shampoos, conditioners, oils or short haircuts. Basically blamed everything except for what really caused it - hereditary factors.

On topic though, shaving it can still be drastic change. You might want to consider buzzing it instead. Leave a stubble it looks better than clean shaved look IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    My mom was in denial, then when hairloss was obvious she blamed me for it. That I had excellent hair and ruined them with shampoos, conditioners, oils or short haircuts. Basically blamed everything except for what really caused it - hereditary factors.
    I also blame you for my hair loss.

Come to think of it, I think ravegrover caused my hair loss as well.

If only there was some kind of pill that lowers the amount of ravegrovers in our body's, we'd all go back to NW1's. All we have is DHT lowering pills when the actual problem is ravegrover.

I'm talking to you, ravegrover, don't stay quiet in your little corner, with your little computer, with your little username, causing mass MPB with your shampoos, oils, and short haircuts. For thousands of years, you're a plague.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    You could also take a small risk and go the rogaine / propecia route and have a good chance of stopping the process in its tracks and a decent chance of regrowing some hair.

But if you are considering this, you must act now. I was an NW3 just breaking into a 4 about 3 years ago and I went the rogaine propecia route. And the medications have worked. Steady progress since then. I am now an NW 2.5 or so and it seems things have stabilized. Hair looks good and the balding is no longer visually apparent.

But you have to act now otherwise the balding will have progressed too far and your follicles will not be able to come back from their miniaturized state.
    +1 to this

I started my hairloss journey when my Dad told me my hair looked like Sh**

NW3 diffused and on the big 3 for about a year and things have gotten A LOT better. Still doing a HT this winter soon as I get my work schedule figured out.

Best of luck