Hairloss regime without fin - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hairloss regime without fin

I feel strongly about not using fin, knowing the possibly side effects.
    So what are my options?
    I am using niz shampoo once a week and just bought minoxidil but am very hesitant about using it, because it seems somewhat pointless when not taking anything to stop the MPB.
    Is this correct? Is minoxidil worth the risk when taking into account the shedding?
    What other options do I have besides fin and Dutasteride?

I have a receding hairline at the temples and diffuse thining. It is difficult to say on the NW scale because of the diffused thining, but properly NW 2-3.

Thanks in advance!

minoxidil works very well on its own i believe for 50% of men. the research studies also seem to show that it is effective for the long term. some men report halting their hair loss for over a decade on it.

of course, you must be very disciplined in your use of minoxidil. 2x a day, every day, for the rest of your life. even if it is greasy and a pain in the behind.

the shedding thing is rare. those who have it are the ones who yell loudly on the internet, so it seems like a whole lot of people have this effect. but it is actually very rare.

its like working...at the returns desk at a target. over time, working there, you would probably start getting a very bad opinion about probably all the products at target. because all you are dealing with all day is with people who have had problem with target products. it skews you perception of things.

in actuality, very few people have problems with target products.

it is the same thing with side effects with propecia and rogaine. side effects for propecia occur in about 1.3% of men. And with half of those men, the side effects go away after 6 months with continued use of the product. that means the long term side effect rate is like .07, under 1%.

Some people are extremely risk averse and that is ok, that is your choice. For those people, who do not want to take an under 1% risk to get an 86% chance of keeping your hair for at least 10 years...for those people, your only choice is minoxidil.

And I think minoxidil works pretty well on its own, but you have to be very good about using it. No whining about it and skipping days and all that nonsense.

As Yoda said, "Do or do not. There is no try."

Thank you very much for the answer. It's nice to get some perspective on the whole thing.
    I guess you are right, my view on the these two things might be tainted by reading all the post on the forums.

Thank you.

You know, I thought about another analogy.

It's like...being a police officer. I have many friends who are police officers. Please this is not meant to offend police officers. I am pro-police and of that. I know they have very tough jobs.

But one thing I noticed is that, at least for a while after they just became police officers, they all..became...pessimistic about mankind, suspicious, and jaded.

It seems that for quite some time (and for some, permanently...)...their personality changed. They began to get a dark view of mankind because...because all they deal with is the crap from mankind all day.

Their job is to specifically focus on the worst elements of society -- thieves, drug dealers, and all sorts of bad bad characters.

Over time, they begin to believe that everyone is a bad guy.

It takes some very specific and intentional conscious thought, and even psychological counseling, for them to reconfigure their minds and realize that no, not everyone is a thief, not everyone is out to break the law and do harm. THE ONLY REASON YOU THINK THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS YOUR JOB TO FOCUS ON THESE PEOPLE ALL DAY.

Without being careful, the mind of a cop, especially new cops, can become very warped with regards to what reality actually is.

The same kind of thing happens in our situation. The message boards are filled with people with complaints, real or imagined. We keep reading these posts and we begin to think that these horrible reports are the reality rather than the exception to the rule, or even just the reports of hypochondriacs.

Also, it is so funny that these days, NO ONE has hypochondria in their own opinion. They are ABSOLUTELY SURE that propecia or rogaine is giving them this or that side effect. They are also ABSOLUTELY SURE that they do not have hypochondria, even though this condition is not all that rare.

Hypochondria occurs in about 4-7% of the population and is a real mental illness. It most likely is the true cause of a lot, if not most, of these propecia and rogaine side effect cases.

Hypochondriasis also peaks during adolescence and middle age, so we are talking about the same population here.

There are a lot of people on these message boards that are likely suffering from hypochondria, a very real psychological illness that can be addressed with therapy and medication.

Hairloss regime without fin = lose hair.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Hairloss regime without fin = lose hair.
    Hairloss regime with FIN=still lose hair.

Useless comment by great job! Way to contribute there guy.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Hairloss regime with FIN=still lose hair.

Useless comment by great job! Way to contribute there guy.
    Yeah because the truth is useless.

Show me any other current treatment on the market better than fin at keeping your hair. I'll wait. Oh, that's right there isn't any. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the reality of the current treatments. Yes.

So again: Hairloss regime without fin = lose hair.

Useless comment by StayThick! Way to contribute there guy.

Go try RU58841. I'm on it right now because I couldn't handle fin.

Consider a microdose of fin, it is better than nothing. Compliment this with RU58841 perhaps. You need an AA in your regimen or you are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by KUP View Post
    What other options do I have besides fin and Dutasteride?
    Baldness.