Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheSwingingGate
    • May 2013

At what point did you shave your head?

Discovered my hair loss just over 2 years ago, progressing to a diffuse NW6 quickly. Tried unsuccessfully a few times to get on Propecia, now I am tapering up slowly and the sides are minimal if at all.

Still, I have been in a rapid shed since Spring, and I only feel comfortable in hats at work and school.

Fully plan to continue with Propecia and Rogaine. If any of you have been in the similar situation, at what point did you buzz your hair or shave your head?

I feel like I am under house arrest wearing a hat all the time, yet I look way younger with it on. Maybe it's time I just go buzzed and live with it.

Thoughts?
  • youngin
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TheSwingingGate
    Discovered my hair loss just over 2 years ago, progressing to a diffuse NW6 quickly. Tried unsuccessfully a few times to get on Propecia, now I am tapering up slowly and the sides are minimal if at all.

Still, I have been in a rapid shed since Spring, and I only feel comfortable in hats at work and school.

Fully plan to continue with Propecia and Rogaine. If any of you have been in the similar situation, at what point did you buzz your hair or shave your head?

I feel like I am under house arrest wearing a hat all the time, yet I look way younger with it on. Maybe it's time I just go buzzed and live with it.

Thoughts?
    I was a highly diffused NW5A before I started shaving it to a #0. In retrospect I waited too long! Old pictures look worse than with a shaved head. I was just holding onto what I had left. That's my experience.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
      • Oct 2012

As a diffuse thinner all over my frontal area, I'd say as soon as I can't style a certain way to hide it, ill buzz to a low grade, #1-#2, until nw 5-6 if I get there, then go Bruce Willis

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Closest I have gotten is a #2 clipper. Hopefully I don't have to go all the way for a while.

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

I am seriously considering doing it myself.

Comment

Working...