What percentage of hair loss sufferers get hair transplants?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

What percentage of hair loss sufferers get hair transplants?

If money wasn't an issue,

Why don't the rest get a transplant???
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL
    If money wasn't an issue,

Why don't the rest get a transplant???
    Scaring is the only thing that would prevent me. I've seen a couple dudes with egregious scars. They're straight up fugged and can't even shave their head.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
      • Feb 2011

Permanent scarring, inability to create anything close to a full head of hair, lifelong commitment to hormone-altering drugs, probable need for multiple procedures, ridiculous cost. Plus, I don't trust most of these doctors since they seem to be totally committed to making ridiculous amounts of money with hair transplants, but don't seem to want to innovate in any way.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
        Permanent scarring, inability to create anything close to a full head of hair, lifelong commitment to hormone-altering drugs, probable need for multiple procedures, ridiculous cost. Plus, I don't trust most of these doctors since they seem to be totally committed to making ridiculous amounts of money with hair transplants, but don't seem to want to innovate in any way.
        All of the above and lastly at the end of the day it is surgery. Surgery is never something to be taken lightly. At least for me it isn't. With every surgery there is the potential for things to go wrong, if it does, then what?

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

A very small percentage of individuals that experience hair loss opt for surgical hair restoration. There are many reasons for this including finances and lack of awareness.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...