+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Uh... never have I said an initiative like this is easy. I've been perfectly clear that crowdfunding requires determination and the support from all of us as a group effort. And given how things have gone with so many pessimistic naysayers, its likely NOT going to happen because most people on the forums (and probably elsewhere) would rather sit around and wait for a miracle to happen rather than take matters in their own hands.

I'm not going to pursue a project like this if the community is as lazy as it has been.
    I didn't refer to you, because I don't think I ever remember you saying it would be easy. I was referring to this and other posters in the other threads that seem to assume the money is a given and the hard part will be deciding who to fund and getting them to accept it. That's why I quoted the op's last sentence, because he all but assumed we could easily raise 1-5 million dollars like it was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I didn't refer to you, because I don't think I ever remember you saying it would be easy. I was referring to this and other posters in the other threads that seem to assume the money is a given and the hard part will be deciding who to fund and getting them to accept it. That's why I quoted the op's last sentence, because he all but assumed we could easily raise 1-5 million dollars like it was nothing.
    It definitely won't be easy. But it DEFINITELY is possible, to say it cant happen and toss the idea aside is ridiculous. We all know nobody gives a shit about our hair loss as society not only disregards it as a problem but also takes advantage of it to mock us and treat themselves to the privilege of considering it socially acceptable to ridicule balding men. That needs to change. A cure for the extreme effing stupidity needs to come just as much as a cure for baldness.

But only US OURSELVES can do more than the snail paced researchers. So many guys here on the forums are saying 'itll happen in 10 years'... yeah? Well, people were saying that 10+ years ago.. and I dont want to see another 10+ years of my life get crippled by society's shitheads crippling me because of hair loss.

Our strength is in numbers... the more of us there is, the easier the workload will be for everyone and the easier it will be to reach a greater audience to reach the 6 or 7 figure mark of money collected.

It definitely won't be easy. But it DEFINITELY is possible, to say it cant happen and toss the idea aside is ridiculous. We all know nobody gives a shit about our hair loss as society not only disregards it as a problem but also takes advantage of it to mock us and treat themselves to the privilege of considering it socially acceptable to ridicule balding men. That needs to change. A cure for the extreme effing stupidity needs to come just as much as a cure for baldness.

But only US OURSELVES can do more than the snail paced researchers. So many guys here on the forums are saying 'itll happen in 10 years'... yeah? Well, people were saying that 10+ years ago.. and I dont want to see another 10+ years of my life get crippled by society's shitheads crippling me because of hair loss.

Our strength is in numbers... the more of us there is, the easier the workload will be for everyone and the easier it will be to reach a greater audience to reach the 6 or 7 figure mark of money collected.
    I never said it was ridiculous or impossible, I just think some people are acting like raising the money is the easy part, when it is the hard part. People don't part with their money very easily and when they do it is only to trusted sources that's all I'm saying. You understand that, but I think some people don't, they think money will rain down from the heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I never said it was ridiculous or impossible, I just think some people are acting like raising the money is the easy part, when it is the hard part. People don't part with their money very easily and when they do it is only to trusted sources that's all I'm saying. You understand that, but I think some people don't, they think money will rain down from the heavens.
    No, I wasn't referring to you, in fact i dont even really know who i am referring to because I dont usually pay attention to names behind posts. I dont care who posts what, so im being pretty 'general'

someone should call in the bald show one of these tuesday nights and pitch it to spencer. i bet joe would throw down a million. dude needs hair bad. god i need hair bad

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    someone should call in the bald show one of these tuesday nights and pitch it to spencer. i bet joe would throw down a million. dude needs hair bad. god i need hair bad
    Whats the number to call into and what time is the show?

Whats the number to call into and what time is the show?
    "Live Call in Number, Sunday 8pm EST: 888-659-3727" usually the live show is the same time just on tuesday. could try both

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    "Live Call in Number, Sunday 8pm EST: 888-659-3727" usually the live show is the same time just on tuesday. could try both
    I'll see if I can give a call. Would actually work for me during that time on sunday, im super busy this weekend with product photography (150 pairs of shoes and 4 angles for each).