+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    I hope they see the financial potential of curing hairloss, it could make them billions that they could use to fund the rest of these medical miracles!
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'll be 40 years and severely washed up by then.

My god, this industry moves at a snails pace... I'd like to see the tech industry try their hand at it, i'm willing to bet my life savings theyd get it done in a matter of months and turn all the current researchers on their ass. Tech industry moves FAST AS HELL but the hair loss researchers seem to coast their way through it.
    Amen to that. If other industries moved this slowly, then nothing would ever get done.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'll be 40 years and severely washed up by then.

My god, this industry moves at a snails pace... I'd like to see the tech industry try their hand at it, i'm willing to bet my life savings theyd get it done in a matter of months and turn all the current researchers on their ass. Tech industry moves FAST AS HELL but the hair loss researchers seem to coast their way through it.
    I blame it on the education system. Don't ask why lol

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Amen to that. If other industries moved this slowly, then nothing would ever get done.

a lot to do with structural differences between the two industries...

while software should be beta tested, medical stuff like this MUST be tested, and typically you can't derive any real answers for at least a month, sometimes years.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    The problem is that 10 years (or whatever the timeline is) is just way too long for many people to wait!
    Correct. But think how many millions and billions of men and women had to live with it without even having anyone to complain to. In a way, we should consider ourselves lucky just to witness the whole researches evolve while we are alive.

This said, I'd like to meet Cotsarelis on the walkboard, offer him a coffe or something and whisper him..."My friend, hurry up".

Baldness is a really frustrating condition. It seems to be so easily solvable, but yet there is no solution.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Baldness is a really frustrating condition. It seems to be so easily solvable, but yet there is no solution.
    There is a solution. Take skin cells, convert them into stem cells, convert those into hair germs and inject them into the scalp. Tsuji labs already grew hair like that. They 'just' need to test it on humans.

The first ever human clinic trial using IPS cells just recently started. I'm hoping Tsuji will start in 2014-2015. So yeah we're looking at 8-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I'm hoping Tsuji will start in 2014-2015.
    The same years that Histogen release their product in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    There is a solution. Take skin cells, convert them into stem cells, convert those into hair germs and inject them into the scalp. Tsuji labs already grew hair like that. They 'just' need to test it on humans.

The first ever human clinic trial using IPS cells just recently started. I'm hoping Tsuji will start in 2014-2015. So yeah we're looking at 8-10 years.
    Arashi (& Desmond)

Do you think Tsuji might be able to fast track a 'cure' or treamtent, given Japans advances in the speed of trials etc...so 4-6 years rather than 8-10?

Also, are Tsuji actually working on creating hair follicles, and do they plan on releasing a marketabe product?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Arashi (& Desmond)

Do you think Tsuji might be able to fast track a 'cure' or treamtent, given Japans advances in the speed of trials etc...so 4-6 years rather than 8-10?

Also, are Tsuji actually working on creating hair follicles, and do they plan on releasing a marketabe product?

Cheers
    Last thing they said regarding this was in 2012:

"We would like to start clinical research within three to five years, so that an actual treatment to general patients can start within a decade', another of the researchers, Dr Koh-ei Toyoshima, a project researcher at the Research Institute for Science and Technology, was quoted by IOL SciTech as saying."

That guy is the leader of their hair follicle regeneration team: http://www.tsuji-lab.com/en/members/organo/hair.html

But that was beginning 2012, things went very fast since then and I don't think they expected the Japanese government to OK the first clinical IPS cell trial ever in 2013 already ! And then there were some big breakthroughs regarding IPS cells recently. So things are looking good and who knows ... I'm kind of hoping/expecting the start of their trial in late 2014/2015, though that obviously is just my speculation.