+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

After reading you post I feel really desperate
    All the potential treatments are years away. By that time I will be in my mid-30, possibly hair won't be my main concern in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    All the potential treatments are years away. By that time I will be in my mid-30, possibly hair won't be my main concern in my life.
    I understand your feelings. Not sure if it's going to make you feel better but I can assure you that in your 30's your hair will matter as much as it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Very, very useful recap, Desmond!

Why do you think so? Because at best they will be able to revive not completely miniaturized follicles only?
    Yeah pretty much. One thing Aderans showed us was that once there is enough damage to the lower germ line of the follicle, switching it back on is almost impossible regardless of how many types of cells you throw at it!

Dermal sheeth cup (DSC) cells have the potential to convert to DP cells if necessary and since Replicel uses your donor cells, this means your newly implanted DSC cells and DP cells will lack Androgen receptors and will keep your hair in anagen phase for several years rather than a few weeks-months as observed in MPB. Maintenance (on par with fin) was the best seen with the 11 trials conducted with Aderans and also shown in the Phase 1/2a trial of Replicel....

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Yeah pretty much. One thing Aderans showed us was that once there is enough damage to the lower germ line of the follicle, switching it back on is almost impossible regardless of how many types of cells you throw at it!

Dermal sheeth cup (DCC) cells have the potential to convert to DP cells if necessary and since Replicel uses your donor cells, this means your newly implanted DCC cells and DP cells will lack Androgen receptors and will keep your hair in anagen phase for several years rather than a few weeks-months observed in MPB. Maintenance (on par with fin) was the best seen with the 11 trials conducted with Aderans and also shown in the Phase 1/2a trial of Replicel....
    How about a combination of Replicel followed by Histogen's HSC?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    How about a combination of Replicel followed by Histogen's HSC?
    We'll definitely get great results BUT if it's a bald zone, I'm pretty sure they will not achieve anything close to a cosmetic difference!

There is a email from Histogen available on another forum that states in their next trial they will only enrol patients with NW2 and NW3 not past 3! This kind of highlights they know the extent of HSC's capabilities as a hairloss treatment!

Let's not forget, that you are also playing with fire when combining these treatments! Mixing growth factors with newly implanted DSC cells may have unprecedented effects that we had no knowledge of...kind of like when they were injecting calcium into the face after stem cell therapy (for wrinkles) and the stem cells were converting to bone causing excruciating pain in many patients in LA!

We have to be extra-cautious with biologicals as you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    And that is one of the reasons why in general the scientific world does not care abour MPB. When you get old enough to make choiches which can move ideas and money, you suddenly have other thing to worry about. You have hair whe you are young and uncaring, when you realize that its too late.

One thing Aderans showed us was that once there is enough damage to the lower germ line of the follicle, switching it back on is almost impossible regardless of how many types of cells you throw at it!
    I did not know that, and this is probably one of the saddest thing I learned about MPB. I always thought that one day or another we will be able to revert the damage back.
    One thing is to rejuvenate hair that was already there, where it was intended to be. A different story is creating brand new hair having to figure out where to implant it, the angle, how the density looks natural etc etc and a million other things.

Guys, you shouldn't be so down reading about Tsuji and Lauster or even Replicel...

We are approaching an era of medicine where insermountable tasks will easily be achieved! Hairloss will be one of the first ones to be solved, since as an organ it is not very complex to engineer (as in it's not vascularised or innervated) and is on your skin where it can be easily transplanted...

Furthermore, TWO research groups from either side of the world have proven making new follicles is achievable using stem cells!

We've come a long way from the Aderans era back in 2002 when they were hoping single cell therapy may be the answer!

We are on the verge and as soon as Tsuji's human trial begin, we will be so much more hopeful

We are on the verge and as soon as Tsuji's human trial begin, we will be so much more hopeful
    I agree, but when will that be .. They said 3-5 years in 2012. I think it will make a lot of sense for Tsuji to at least wait for the Phase I results of this IPS trial: http://www.riken.jp/en/pr/press/2013/20130730_1/

Actually, I'm pretty sure they will wait for it. It would make a LOT of sense, to study their results, see if their trial was safe and if not, if they can think of a way to change protocols in such a way that it becomes safe.

Desmond, your supportive yet scientifically based approach is good for the whole forum.
    I really hope to read one day on Google News or wherever the good news.

After a while it drives you mad.
    How comes so many people does not realize it's like losing a hand or a foot psicologically speaking?
    Sad.