+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    he kind of answered this in his post....
    Not directly!

Also, I think that Des should tell us what he thinks re: treatments not just the ultimate cure. We need better treatments if only as means to bridge the time until a cure is available. The existing treatments are so lame, not only do they run out of effectiveness in long term users, they regrow next to no hair 'cept on a few lucky freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    No genetics are not the CAUSE.
    LOL, genetics aren't a cause? Are you implying that MPB is random? Don't be ridiculous, genetics are everything we are. Genetics is our blueprint. Of course it is genetics. Don't be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Desmond, what are you thoughts on Follica and the whole wounding treatment angle in general?

Also, I think that Des should tell us what he thinks re: treatments not just the ultimate cure. We need better treatments if only as means to bridge the time until a cure is available. The existing treatments are so lame, not only do they run out of effectiveness in long term users, they regrow next to no hair 'cept on a few lucky freaks.
    Follica is a company working on physiology of wounding and its possible regenerative potentials. They trialled their first treatment (Lithium + wounding), which most probably didn't give cosmetic results back in 2009, hence the lack of published data or publicity.

Since then they've explored the reason for such shortcomings and pinpointed a protein known as FGF-9 which may have the potential to regenerate hair follicles. This is still in pre-clinical phase and will probably take as long as Tsuji's work to come to fruition. Firstly because FGF-9 has not been tested as a therapeutic agent in humans before and requires a 3-phased trial and secondly Follica has also been veryyy slow at conducting trial. Their last trial (Phase 1/2a) using lithium + wounding took well over 4 years.

Histogen will definitely help maintain and regrow your lost density by around 20%. Unfortunately, they are still many years away from a product release, late 2016 being the earliest.

Aderans is finished and Washenik's promise to continue with his research is a tactful way of keeping both sides happy (us and Bosley) in order to keep his senior position at Bosley.

Replicel will begin its Phase 2b trial in January and its final data should be release by June 2016. Hopefully by early 2017, it will become available in some asian countries if it proves to be beneficial. I personally believe Replicel may be a Finasteride alternative (i.e. maintenance)

Cosmo's CB-03-01 will begin its Phase 2 trials in january 2014 as well and we can expect a product launch by 2018 if we are lucky.

Hyundai Pharmaceuticals: Their R&D is useless to us. They're developing another 5-alpha reductase inhibitor (i.e. Finasteride). What for? Who knows!

Hygeia Pharmaceuticals: seems to have gone bust! All their operation was halted in 2010 Sad thing is they had a topical non-steroidal anti-androgen in the pipeline, which may have been better than CB-03-01

Gliamed: All operations halted in 2009! They seems to be having financial difficulties. Furthermore, AGA seems to be the last item on their agenda.

Molplex: These guys finally received a small funding for their R&D from the UK government. Their product release date is set for 2019! No information is released about what their product is or what it can do!

Incentis Pharmaceuticals: is a VERY small R&D lab with majority as academics backing it. A novel approach that hasn't been tried before and is cell-based which is exciting! They are still in the pre-clinical phase with their product release date set somewhere around 2020 if all goes well.

Dr Gerd/Lauster: They are currently developing a microchip technology and have shelved their hair multiplication technology.

That's all the treatments I could think of apart from Tsuji. All in all, there are treatments in the pipeline that will help with maintenance and some regrowth, but they are some years away meaning we really have to do something about our hair today. "Finasteride micro-dosing" seems to be one option.

Cheers

Thumbs up Introduction to Exponential Thinking

I say let's put ALL the Hairloss researchers, HT surgeons and FDA regulators through Singularity University. All that agree say "aye":

"Our system is set up for the world of 100-200 years ago...we are NOT set up for the world of today and definitely not for the world of tomorrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Dr Gerd/Lauster: They are currently developing a microchip technology and have shelved their hair multiplication technology.
    Source?

Over the last 2 years, almost all PhD research he has been involved in has been associated with development of the GO ORGANIC multi-organ-chip technology. Nothing wrong with that and will undoubetly revolutionise drug development. It is definitely welcomed by us and the market, as drug screening will be even faster!

Here's the list of all the projects he's currently part of...it's a shame but what can we do.

http://www.medbt.tu-berlin.de/menue/mitarbeiter/

Desmond actually do you look down on Minox+derma-rolling method?

On a side note though Hellouser, even Lauster's technology has a rate limiting factor and that is where are they going to get millions of stem cells from to produce these hair follicles?

Hair follicle stem cell are extremely difficult to culture in-vitro and immediately turn to keratinocytes when extracted. The only way we can use his technology is to employ iPS cells. The safety trials are already underway using these cells and if it proves safe in 2 years, you can expect someone to pick up his research and continue it

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Desmond actually do you look down on Minox+derma-rolling method?
    Brother, I'm a strong believer in research and knowing that we will NOT hear any words on Follica's trial for many years to come, this is the best thing we can do! These derma-rolling community trials are safe as we're not using unapproved agents from shady chemistry labs and we'll know by February if this treatment has any merit!

So I'm 100% in support of this trial...let's see what we achieve doing it Imagine if we're onto something though! That would be priceless

Very, very useful recap, Desmond!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Replicel will begin its Phase 2b trial in January and its final data should be release by June 2016. Hopefully by early 2017, it will become available in some asian countries if it proves to be beneficial. I personally believe Replicel may be a Finasteride alternative (i.e. maintenance)
    Why do you think so? Because at best they will be able to revive not completely miniaturized follicles only?