+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up This is not working

I'm here to give my experience, I am a 17 year old student who has been hit hard by this loss of hair. Yes I am still in school and yes people notice it, I have taken Propecia and have stopped after 1 month due to the following. I don't see how all of the MEN here can lose pride over this and put it into the chemical wig which you take once a day that blocks the hormone that stimulated the growth of what makes you men! Yes it is hard but I think everybody was made a certain way, why try and fight something that is yourself, why battle yourself..why try and be somebody you are not just to try and hold onto your hair? I am extremely self conscious and it has taken me a lot to say this. I invest all my money into keeping up with fashion and receive many more compliments than somebody with a good head of hair. No it is not fashionable at my age to have short hair, but who cares if I make it suit me then nobody will take a second look and call me bald.

I have realized once we lose something that we like, for example hair, we can focus on other things, for example clothing. We can look closer at ourselves instead of fighting for something that is not all that important. I have a girlfriend who has not made a single comment and loves me the way I am, and let me tell you it is not very common to be this age and have this much hair loss!

Stop relying on a pill to keep your minds settled, leave the hair behind and take back pride, do not keep worrying about the uncertainty of keeping hair. I think it takes a real man to do this and you will be respected for that. For the time people spend on hanging onto their once full heads of hair I think they could have gone out and actually done something productive.

-Coming from a 17 year old student, all my friends have hair and I am over this despite being majorly depressed for nearly a year now.

Why work out? Why eat healthy? Why shower every day? Why get braces to fix teeth? Why go to the dentist?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    I'm here to give my experience, I am a 17 year old student who has been hit hard by this loss of hair. Yes I am still in school and yes people notice it, I have taken Propecia and have stopped after 1 month due to the following. I don't see how all of the MEN here can lose pride over this and put it into the chemical wig which you take once a day that blocks the hormone that stimulated the growth of what makes you men! Yes it is hard but I think everybody was made a certain way, why try and fight something that is yourself, why battle yourself..why try and be somebody you are not just to try and hold onto your hair? I am extremely self conscious and it has taken me a lot to say this. I invest all my money into keeping up with fashion and receive many more compliments than somebody with a good head of hair. No it is not fashionable at my age to have short hair, but who cares if I make it suit me then nobody will take a second look and call me bald.

I have realized once we lose something that we like, for example hair, we can focus on other things, for example clothing. We can look closer at ourselves instead of fighting for something that is not all that important. I have a girlfriend who has not made a single comment and loves me the way I am, and let me tell you it is not very common to be this age and have this much hair loss!

Stop relying on a pill to keep your minds settled, leave the hair behind and take back pride, do not keep worrying about the uncertainty of keeping hair. I think it takes a real man to do this and you will be respected for that. For the time people spend on hanging onto their once full heads of hair I think they could have gone out and actually done something productive.

-Coming from a 17 year old student, all my friends have hair and I am over this despite being majorly depressed for nearly a year now.
    lol why are you on a hairloss forum then? go hump your girlfriend

-Coming from a 17 year old student, all my friends have hair
    We want to look normal. Normal is what everyone is and you are not.

I'm here to give my experience [. . .] Coming from a 17 year old student, all my friends have hair and I am over this despite being majorly depressed for nearly a year now.
    Good for you man. Sounds like you've got your head screwed on.