+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

@darryls..... $1000 isn't going to get you much but It does pay for for an important upcoming year. You're far to young for a transplant and wearing a system is more hassle than anything else.... Besides a good maintaince plan is costly as others have noted. $1000 easily pays for a years supply of propecia, rogaine, and nizoral 2% shampoo. Be diligent with the routine and after a year you'll know if you are able to stop the progression of hairloss and maybe even reverse the process..... This is where your age is actually your advantage.
    Another bit if advise is get a short haircut... High and tight military style.... It'll give you the look of more hair and make it easier to apply the rogaine.

Over the next year you'll have time to research options or even learn to accept doing nothing but the big 3 listed above may just be your best approach.

Keep us posted and update us with your plans.

Best of luck

Just a side note, not seriously considering anything yet, But what are best valued clinics in the Toronto, Canada area? The best price vs. result?

I think if I do get an HT, it will be focused on the hairline area, as I feel current, grey market and future treatments tend to work really well in reversing the scalp area of hairloss but the temples tend to respond much less!

Overall I've been on Fin+Min+a bit of Niz for over a year now, my hariloss at least in my opinion is the exact same as it was a year and a half ago(maybe very slightly worse if anything).

I think my next course of action is to actually try out Bimatoprost! unfortunately, the best priced places only ship to the USA! All day chemist for example sells a 3ml bottle of bim for about 11 bucks, so 40-50 bucks a month! but still the stuff apparently works so if anyone wants to take the plunge buy from there or maybe a similar website.

Idk but the next year or two I will definitely make my decision, not happy at all with this NW3 diffused hair staying like this.

Default !!!!

Jotronic just tickles me to death. I love his avatar. i had a similar one about 5 years back. i just love that photo so i love this one with JT.

Anyway, rdawg! What a name. I love it. Ok, in Toronto think of Jones and Rahal. Sorry, i can't spell the latter.

Here is what i like about you. What can $1000.00 get you? That's funny, Ok. Pick a number between 1 and 10. If you get it right, you can have all you want for $1000.00. If you are wrong, you still have toronto in your back yard.

With $1000 you aren't going to get jack in the way of a hair transplant, but I bet with $1000 you could probably smoke crack with your mayor, lol sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    With $1000 you aren't going to get jack in the way of a hair transplant, but I bet with $1000 you could probably smoke crack with your mayor, lol sorry I couldn't resist.
    lmao its alright everyone is making these jokes.

I'm not being hardcore with this 1000 thing guys, was just looking to guage best value in my area.

I'd realistically be willing to drop 4-5000 to fix my hairline and maybe add a bit of density. I feel like we have products coming down the pipeline that are capable of reversing thinning on top, but the actual temples seem like a tougher task to fix in the near future with just products.

Plus it's really easy to use something like Caboki on the scalp vs. the hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    lmao its alright everyone is making these jokes.

I'm not being hardcore with this 1000 thing guys, was just looking to guage best value in my area.

I'd realistically be willing to drop 4-5000 to fix my hairline and maybe add a bit of density. I feel like we have products coming down the pipeline that are capable of reversing thinning on top, but the actual temples seem like a tougher task to fix in the near future with just products.

Plus it's really easy to use something like Caboki on the scalp vs. the hairline.
    I have never seen pictures of your hair so I'm not sure of your situation, but if you're planning on getting a HT go see Rahal since you are so close. I had a procedure with him about 10 months ago and cannot speak highly enough of him, and I had already had a transplant with a very well respected doctor. It was night and day between Rahal and the other doctor.

Unlike some of the other guys here, I don't have that much experience. However, if I was in your shoes, and you have stabilised your loss using Promecia etc, then stick to that for now. Secondly, if you are determined to get a HT, then slowly save more money and have it done properly with enough grafts so you would be proud. That's what I would do. If your hair is really that important to you, then money is not going to be an obstacle, you will work hard and save the money to get exactly what you want in terms of hair transplants.

You should also consider yourself lucky that you have stabalised your hair loss. It could be a lot worse.

^ +1

so my hair has roughly stayed the same since taking those pictuers about 9 months ago, I'd say i've thinned slightly a bit, but FIN is definitely doing something to help.

i'd also consider adding in DUT 1-2 times a week as well if need be, but i'm really starting to consider getting a procedure so i can just stop worrying about my appearance!

A lot of people reccomend Dr. Rahal but his prices are quite high! does anyone know of him giving discounts sometimes? or is there somewhere I can travel too that will be cheaper but just as good. he's about 8$ per graft and I'd imagine ill need 1500-2000! but i've read of reputable dr's in Belgium and turkey charging only about 3$(US) per graft FUE! however I'd like to find somewhere a little closer!