+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia - Need advice - Take 2

Hi all,

I had a bad experience taking propecia for 2days x 2mg tablets, which took me about 3 months to recover form. Numbness down there, no sex drive and my testosterone crashed. No explanation for it. I haven't touched it in about a year or so, but since going to gym again i've noticed my hair loss getting worse and finding it hard to mask. Wondering if taking a lower dose could help or what else I can do.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Hi all,

I had a bad experience taking propecia for 2days x 2mg tablets, which took me about 3 months to recover form. Numbness down there, no sex drive and my testosterone crashed. No explanation for it. I haven't touched it in about a year or so, but since going to gym again i've noticed my hair loss getting worse and finding it hard to mask. Wondering if taking a lower dose could help or what else I can do.

Cheers,
    Well man the good news is you recovered! I think most would advise you to not try the drug again, and others may say to give it one last shot at a low dose if your hair loss is causing you distress.

If you chose to lowdose it, keep this in mind. People will say that fin has a flat dose response ie cuts the same DHT from 0.05-5mg, which isn't 100% correct. It has a near flat dose response, and keep in mind that a single dose of say 1mg dose will rapidly cut your DHT by way more than a single dose of say 0.05mg. So if you did lowdose, atleast it wouldn';t shock your body, and your DHT would slowly be reduced to around the same amount as it would with a higher dose, but atleast it is a slower process.

Perhaps go as small a dose as possible and do EOD and just stick with that if you have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    Go with your gut. I won't push you one way or the other, because I'm sorta biased. I will say that stress and anxiety messed with me. I think those things mess with your T too -- again, not dismissing your sides.

If you had blood tests say your T crashed, I certainly can't argue against it.

For me, good diet, good sleep, good exercise, and LIVING LIFE has done wonders. Getting my head off of this damn condition has made all the difference in my personal life -- all facets. That's why I'm stepping away from this site. Only coming back to update my progress.

If you decide to get on it, go intermittent, low doses.

Best regards, bud. Hope it all works out.

Thanks for your honest replys, I really appreciate it. It's one of those things i've always eaten health and exercised and to be going through MPB at 23 is a bit rough. The thought of going on propecia again even though it was a very short time is daunting cause I had terrible sides, but the thought of having an unmaskable bald spot makes me very anxious, i will have a good think on it. Cheers Guys.

I am one of the pro fin guys on here and I wont tell you to try it again. Three months to recover from sides is scary as hell. Ultimately it will come down to what you want to do. If I was in your shoes and decided to give it another try, I would definitely go the micro dosing route, and work your way up.

Just for the record man when I started fin I only used 0.05mg/day...At this dose, we know for certain some DHT is being reduced. Try the lowest dose possible to start if you decide to give er another shot. My bud was on 1mg for a couple months and got sides then recently has been doing 0.05mg-0.1mg/day and no problems thus far.

PS to get this low a dose you would have to crush the pill and dissolve in alcohol.

Also try and get DHT, T, free T, DHEA tested before you start if you go back on it

Although it'll be pointless, try using 1mg a week. But like I said, you might as well just not take it at all. You certainly won't get any regrowth or thickening with 1mg a week, but maybe it's better than nothing. Maybe it will slow it down a little. But honestly, if you are like NW3+, slowing down hair loss is pointless, you'd want regrowth at that point. Now if you use fin 1mg once a week and rogaine twice a day, maybe you'd give your hair a bit of a chance in the battle.

So, recap, try: Rogaine/minoxidil 2x a day, finasteride 1mg once a week.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't risk it just based on the experience you had during and after the first round with Fin. Have you thought of trying an experimental such as RU?

Id advise against 1mg once per week man. If you are cutting the dose the best way to do it is small daily or EOD doses as opposed to one large weekly dose.

You take 1mg, it rapidly drops DHT, and then DHT will slowly increase until your next dose ie you will have fluctuating levels.

You take a small dose daily, it will slowly reduce your DHT and after a certain period of time it will remain at that level (which, based on the almost flat dose response, should be similar to a larger dose, it will just take you longer to reach that low DHT level)

Thanks for all the responses guys really appreciate it. I am tempted to Microdose, I am a little but scarred by my last experience. I'm sitting on a Norwood 2 able on mask It but I can notice it progressing in my hairline. Where can you buy Ru? Not sure it's in Australia. How do you cut Propecia into micro amounts?