+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What are the possibilities for 2014?

Can someone who is knowledgeable summarize the outlook for 2014, what's in the pipe?
    Spontaneously, I feel like we're pretty ****ed. To my knowledge, 2013 has not shown any positive news.

Quote Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
    Can someone who is knowledgeable summarize the outlook for 2014, what's in the pipe?
    Spontaneously, I feel like we're pretty ****ed. To my knowledge, 2013 has not shown any positive news.
    fack knows, how long is a piece of string...?

hopefully Nigam's technique is proven. If that's the case I will get a treatment by him and try to forget hair loss for a couple of years

Pilofocus and Potentially Dr. Nigam's Hair Doubling technique.

That is all.

Your only hope is for a crowdfunding initiative or community trials to replicate follica's methods using their known substances like FGF-9 post wounding. That may be the holy grail... but nobody has done it.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Hellouser! I would agree with you on the future of 'Pilofocus'
    Hey ,this month will be the ~
    International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Scientific 2013 Meeting (October 23 - 26, 2013) San Francisco,California,US
    Dr Carlos Wesley along with many other great doctors will be there to share the latest in individual techniques.
    I feel confident that Dr Wesley has come up with something which could be considered a new Ground-breaking method in hair restoration.
    Cant wait to meet him soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Hellouser! I would agree with you on the future of 'Pilofocus'
    Hey ,this month will be the ~
    International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Scientific 2013 Meeting (October 23 - 26, 2013) San Francisco,California,US
    Dr Carlos Wesley along with many other great doctors will be there to share the latest in individual techniques.
    I feel confident that Dr Wesley has come up with something which could be considered a new Ground-breaking method in hair restoration.
    Cant wait to meet him soon!!
    The only thing I care about with Pilofocus is regeneration. Scarless or with scars, I don't really care, I want hair and hair will cover up scars anyway.

I need a normal hairline and some density!

Release wise nothing will get released.

However in terms of news, it was only within this year:

the whole PGD2 theory came to light,

Dr. Nigam's doubling(and overall the whole transplant industry getting better really).

Follica's wounding theory.

Histogen finishing phase 2A

Replicel starting Phase 2a

sooo 2014:

Histogen finishing 2b, Replicel finishing 2a, probably more specific and better theories on hairloss, a few greymarket theories/products. More news on Follica's wounding theory/trials.

There's some stuff to look forward to, but the bottom line is don't worry about hairloss right now, the cure isn't coming next year, it's getting closer, but still a little bit away(2-3 years for the next product)

you could look at it in a positive light, that there is stuff on the way and that many people are trying to cure or you could look at it negatively and say it's years away and that everything is failing etc. etc. It's a slow industry that takes years to process.

Optimistic:
    Replicel and Histogen enter their last phases of clinical trails and begin preparing to release in Eastern jurisdictions in 2015/16. Same with Follica for USA.
    Aderans wake from the dead and start funding ARI again.
    CB-03-01 for acne is released by Cosmo, maybe we can glean something from this in terms of efficacy, safety profile, etc.
    Maybe something happens with S-Equol.
    Dr. Nigam cures Thane, and is verified by Dr. Mwamba; doubling + pilofocus becomes the new gold standard. Multiplication is also verified.

Pessimistic:
    Giant pharma company buys all hair regeneration companies and simultaneously assassinates Dr. Nigam. Begin funding a groundbreaking anti-wrinkle cream for women, and a bald head polish for men.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

I understand 100% Hellouser ..We will all know what Dr Wesley has to say by the end of this month bro'..
    I really cannot talk specifically about the certain aspects of Dr Wesley's donor treatments. I CAN say this much,,i was SO IMPRESSED with what I did see..and the discussion that Dr Wesley and I had after the presentation on Skype was also very impressive.

There's plenty of opportunity for something currently unknown to emerge and change the landscape in 2014 - I mean, we didn't know of Pilofocus, the dermaroller/wounding/minox study, that French doctor's HST-like procedure, Nigam's (halted?) collaboration with Boldy, Follica being alive and filing patents, etc. 2013 has been quite eventful, really. We haven't had any breakthroughs unfortunately, and much disappointments, but no one in October last year could have predicted the course of this year so far.

Of course I hope that a treatment to revive dormant follicles will emerge in the not too distant future. However, for the next year or so I really hope Mwamba can attest to Nigam's technique and that it will be possible to have denser HTs with lower hairlines. Mwamba says he hopes for a NW 6 or 7 to get back to an early NW2. If this can really be achieved it will be massive!

I just have a horrible feeling that no proof will emerge and the cycle of test cases will keep on continuing. Hope I'm wrong!

Re Pilofocus, as Hellouser says, I would really want there to be some donor regeneration. Otherwise a HT with it will have to lack density, in which case I would probably wear the shaved look.