Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinkitshairloss
    • Jul 2013

Future hair loss cure/treatments?

So due to my worrying on my own hair loss, I started getting interested in the progression of future treatments. For example, from what I could find, the latest 'breakthrough' was the new knowledge of PGD2 that this university learned or... Something? And blah blah could be on shelves withing 2-3 years blah blah.

There was also... Histogen? I think?
    Anyway, It's just that I don't know much about them and would like to learn more.

What do you all think? Does the whole PGD2 thing sound promising? Will a cure for baldness be coming within the next 5-10 years? Will annie ever make it back to the farm and save her dog mr ruffles from the fire?

Share your knowledge with me guys!
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

Unfortunately the Illuminati wants to keep bald men bald to create divide amongst us....

There will be no cure. Ever.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Don't get too interested; you might get your hopes up.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Annie does make it back to the farm, but not in time to save Mr. Ruffles.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

There is a better chance of Annie putting out the fire running back and forth with buckets of water from the well, than having a balding cure within the next 10 years.

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Thinkitshairloss
            Will annie ever make it back to the farm and save her dog mr ruffles from the fire?
            Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
            Annie does make it back to the farm, but not in time to save Mr. Ruffles.
            Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
            There is a better chance of Annie putting out the fire running back and forth with buckets of water from the well, than having a balding cure within the next 10 years.
            Who the hell is Annie, and why is her farm on fire?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by greatjob!
              Who the hell is Annie, and why is her farm on fire?
              I have no idea. The only annie I ever knew was this girl in movies from the 60's or 70's I think.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Look, if you want the honest truth, we're walking a tightrope in terms of hoping for a cure for hair loss.

By that I mean all our hopes... everything... rests on the works of two prime companies, the first is Histogen the second is Follica (yes I know Replicel too but they are years off).

I have always been a strong proponent of Histogen, ever since they first made a press release actually, Follica however are looking incredibly strong ATM (touch wood), the president of the company recently made the following statement:

Dr William Ju (President of Follica, also used to work for Merck back in the 90's): "This discovery sheds light on a novel mechanism to regenerate hair follicles and opens an exciting new avenue to develop treatments for hair loss in humans," noted Dr. William Ju of Follica, Inc. "Follica has developed a technology platform that is uniquely suited to support clinical translation of these new findings. The Follica platform can be used to induce skin reepithelialization, which creates a "window of opportunity" during which the Fgf9 pathway could be modulated to potentiate hair neogenesis."
                Read more here:

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Or in other words...

This guy may have the answer:

Comment

• Thinkitshairloss
                    • Jul 2013

Now THAT is interesting.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

There will always be some one working on some "cure" or near cure, but it's 10 years away, and then the closest it gets it's 5 years away before it resets back to 10 years away.

Right now the cure is 10 years away, in 10 years they will say it's 5 years away, 5 years from that, they will say 10 years. Before you know it, you will be 80 years old, and 5 months away from death.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                        There will always be some one working on some "cure" or near cure, but it's 10 years away, and then the closest it gets it's 5 years away before it resets back to 10 years away.

Right now the cure is 10 years away, in 10 years they will say it's 5 years away, 5 years from that, they will say 10 years. Before you know it, you will be 80 years old, and 5 months away from death.
                        That about sums it up.

Comment

• crafter
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by UK_
                          That about sums it up.
                          its always 5 years or 5 to 10 years. Never 6 years or 5 years, 3 months and 2 minutes.

Its depressing reading threads from 10 years ago with the likes of cotsarellis and intercytex etc saying treatments could be out in 5 years.

Also Replicel say on their timeline their treatment could be available in Asia in 2015. Does anyone believe that will happen? they'll have to get some amazing results from phase 2 for that to happen, and i doubt they will.

Comment

• Thinkitshairloss
                            • Jul 2013

I know there's a point where we come to learn to not get our hopes up. But I'm sure there's a point where we're looking too far on the pessimist and giving up side too. Hang in there guys.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Thinkitshairloss
                              I know there's a point where we come to learn to not get our hopes up. But I'm sure there's a point where we're looking too far on the pessimist and giving up side too. Hang in there guys.
                              Ive been 'hanging in there' for nearly two decades. Man, what a waste of a life.

Comment

Working...