+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My case with photos. 2000 grafts FUE in 4 weeks...

Hello Guys,

I am scheduled for a FUE ARTAS surgery in one month (2000 grafts FUE ARTAS) 1000 for the crown and 1000 for the hairline in a one day surgery .

I am a little bit worried that I am won't see extraordinary results with just 1000 grafts in the crown and 1000 on the hairline instead of let's say 1500 in the hairline and 500 in the crown (and use Toppik or something like that that work great for me in the crown) but the doctor think is the best way to go in my case because at the same time I HATE to have the bald spot in the crown especially when I go to the pool or the beach or when my girlfriend is touching my hair and all the toppik came off on her fingers (F%#$!) so obviously will be nice to have more density in the crown but as you know hairline is more critical.

I am also a little bit nervous to completely shave my head for the first time in my life and all the questions that that will create in my job and friends. I don't want to tell them anything. I just started to date a girl and I don't feel confident yet to tell her that I will have a hair transplant. I told everybody that I will be out of town for 12 days to avoid seeing anyone in the critical period of the post op.

Doctor is a well know IAHRS surgeon.

What do you guys think about the number of grafts and location (crown/hairline)? any other comments about the social issues I have with the HT?

I am using 0.5mg on Propecia every other day (with good results on lowering my DHT levels without terrible side effects I had with 1mg a day), Minoxidil 2 times a day, Nizoral 3 times a week and dermarrolling once a week

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016s.jpg

Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	23362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022s.jpg

Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	23363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023s.jpg

Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	23364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026s.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	23365  

Who's the doctor, what was the long term plan and why have you chosen to go with the ARTAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Who's the doctor, what was the long term plan and why have you chosen to go with the ARTAS?
    Delphi, I prefer to keep the Doctor anonymous for now... long term plan is just one surgery (I don't want to do it again and that is why I am taking finasteride and using Nizoral and Minoxidil). I selected ARTAS because I really think that human doctors can get tired during hours of extracting grafts and the robot will do the same quality of extraction on graft #1 than graft #2000 and it is also a proven good technology. At the end the recipient area is all manual and done by the doctor so I am confident of the ARTAS procedure.

Why you need to know the doctor if I am saying that is a well know and respected IAHRS doctor (in this forum and also worldwide)?

Quote Originally Posted by csoul View Post
    Delphi, I prefer to keep the Doctor anonymous for now... long term plan is just one surgery (I don't want to do it again and that is why I am taking finasteride and using Nizoral and Minoxidil). I selected ARTAS because I really think that human doctors can get tired during hours of extracting grafts and the robot will do the same quality of extraction on graft #1 than graft #2000 and it is also a proven good technology. At the end the recipient area is all manual and done by the doctor so I am confident of the ARTAS procedure.

Why you need to know the doctor if I am saying that is a well know and respected IAHRS doctor (in this forum and also worldwide)?
    If 2000 grafts in one surgery with your level of hair loss is your long term plan, you should think long and hard before having surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    If 2000 grafts in one surgery with your level of hair loss is your long term plan, you should think long and hard before having surgery.
    The thing is that I was not using Minoxidil or Finasteride. Now I am using both and I am pretty sure my hair loss completely stopped... my Doctor is confident that I will get good results with 2000 grafts and he is one of the top in the world for FUE.

Any other opinion?

What NW are you?

My hair loss is not as bad as yours, i'm on fin/minoxidil and plan on using it forever, and still I wouldn't be comfortable with just 1,000 on my hairline. If we're talking 2,000 on the hairline, I would do it.

I have a question, you say fin and minoxidil are working well for you. Both of these drugs work better in the crown, so if they are working so good, why not give them some time to see what they will do for your crown and just do all 2,000 on your hair line? I suggest to get as much hair as you can possibly get on your forehead.

I mean I don't know more than you and your doctor, and who knows what you want better than yourself. But I think it would be a waste if you only do 1,000 on the hairline, it will look like those HT's that are obvious and the hair follicles will be all spaced out like hair looks on a doll. You sound confident though, so good luck with your procedure and the results.

PatientlyWaiting,

I am between NW 3 Vertex and 4.

Here is a similar case (same age, NW 4a). Just 2000 grafts used to fill the crown and hairline with amazing results. I believe that the quality of the doctor, technique and post op care are more very important. I don't see any "hair follicles all spaced" or obvious HT.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14446

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csoul View Post
    PatientlyWaiting,

I am between NW 3 Vertex and 4.

Here is a similar case (same age, NW 4a). Just 2000 grafts used to fill the crown and hairline with amazing results. I believe that the quality of the doctor, technique and post op care are more very important. I don't see any "hair follicles all spaced" or obvious HT.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14446
    A patient's donor characteristics play a huge, often overlooked role in the outcome of a result.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    A patient's donor characteristics play a huge, often overlooked role in the outcome of a result.
    Makes sense
    The 57 yr old fellow fellow has light blonde / grey hair but he also had
    6388 hair / 2316 grafts transplanted

The OP has dark black hair .

Do you think he will require further sessions to fill in ?

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I agree and my doctor told me that my donor area is very strong and will product a lot of 2-3 hairs per grafts.