Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm glad you had such a good experience with them. I will be watching your results as they progress!

Quote Originally Posted by lookng View Post
    Drybone, I'm wondering how things are going for you! I recently had a consult with Chris at CHI. Just wondering how things are looking, and if you would go back to CHI again? I love the price, but for the same reason, I am a little leery!
    I went to chi on september 12 2013 and had 2500 grafts put in. Had some hairs start growing around 2 months in. i'm at 5 1/2 months and i continue to see new hairs sprouting up every week.My left side is coming in thicker and faster than my right so hopefully the right catches up. So far so good but its to early to tell either way.I've read at 6 months its at 60 percent so that sounds about right so far. i was nervous about the price being so affordable but they are legit and my scar looks better than anybody my barber has seen with the surgery.

Its been a year now since I had my surgery with Colorado Hair institute. I havent put up my photos because I cannot tell what has happened. It has definitely improved my hairline but there are some curious facts about my case. I never had a single hair grow.

I am certain of the growth because it was my second operation. The first one definitely fell out after 3 weeks and then grew back . Since this one had no new growth at all I have to assume its because in my rare case none fell out. Regardless, the amount of hair I have now is obviously different from when I began. Its just a matter of how much.

I will put up the photos later in the week.

Drybone any updates? Curious if you've made any progress since your last post.

I had a miserable experience at this clinic, please check my story:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...-Center-Hair-I

Hello everyone.

I started this thread with the best intention of showing folks that hair transplants work, and that you dont necessarily have to go get the best and most expensive one out there. Just as long as the doctor knows what he or she is doing and our expectations are manageable , then there is little risk .

My first transplant was with a Dr Pizzaro of Orlando who came with a good reputation and fair price of $3.50 per graft. However, when I got there and met with her and her associates , it did not go as I had hoped.

The sales lady tried to con me into a 'laser comb' for another 3.5k. I told her politely no thanks but I was thinking that they dont really work and even if they did it aint worth 3.5k . Why would she try to insult the intelligence or take advantage of one of her patients? I did the operation. It took them 4 hours and her assistants spoke Spanish the entire time. They most galling thing about it was they started speaking Spanish then stopped cold. They asked me if I spoke Espanol. I said I did not, and so they went right back to speaking it. I guess they wanted to know if I was going to be able to understand their gossiping or whatnot.

At the end I went home and felt satisfied. The hair fell out after 3 weeks and grew after 2 months. It was fine, except there was no way it was 1300 grafts. If I counted up every hair I bet there wasnt 700. I guess one of the tricks of the trade is cut the grafts short to cut down on work. How was the poor shmuck ever going to know the difference right?

Dr Pizzaro never once called me to see how I was. Never followed up 6 months, 9 months , even a year. At one year I sent her an email telling her the hair grew in and if she wanted to do a follow up exam on my scalp. She never replied.

So I knew damn well I would need another procedure. I talked to various members here who indicated different IHARS doctors until I met Chris from Colorado institute. He and I talked repeatedly for over a year. Basically since I had my first operation. I told him I wanted my frontal hairline closed in so you couldn't 'see through it' and would do as much as 4000 grafts if I had to.

He was great. He flew me out to Denver to stay in a hotel, then we got started next morning and the rest is what you read in the thread. He only did 1800 grafts on the front so I felt he caught me a break in price.

So what happened? .......................Nothing happened. Thats right. Nothing happened. I didnt notice any hair fall out really but then again Its hard to tell where the Pizarro hair ends and this new Dr Searle hair starts. I brushed it off.

After 3 months nothing. No new hairs grew. Nothing. I had to assume it was because they never fell out. I dont remember any falling out like the first time. The thing was it was pretty cut and dried where Pizarro advanced my hairline. With Searle he moved within it to apparently apply density. So I couldnt tell if the hair there was all Pizarro or some of hers and Searles. For certain no new hair grew in there so either it never fell out or it failed completely.

Well, its been 15 months since the operation. What do I see in the mirror? The same friggin hairline that you see right through. Whats more, Chris never followed up with me. I tried on several occasions to get my finasteride prescription filled and he says he kept doing it but it never arrived. After a year he writes me an email for a 'follow up' but never asks how it went. I then ask him again for the fin and he again says to send him the info. Again I send it and again it never shows up at the pharmacy..

I havent put up any photos because I have been too embarrassed. I feel like an idiot not only once, but twice ripped off. I paid for over 3000 grafts on my hairline . After all the moaning and belly aching I did on this site I have been left humiliated and ashamed. All I ever wanted was to close up my hairline because at my age I wasnt going to lose the rest of it. If I had known that there are idiots out there I would have just paid my 4 or 5 bucks a graft and got a professional job.

I am going to take some digital pictures of my hairline with high resolution and count the hairs from the spot where Pizarro put the hairs in. I would be surprised if there is 700 in total.

In the end? You get what you pay for. I am now going to have to pay $10,000 or more to go get 2000 or so grafts put into my hairline to close it up once and for all. This time by a professional who will actually tell me what i need to look good, put them all in there and make it look natural.

/end rant

Strata: Searle did a good job with the actual procedure for me. They just didnt very many grafts in and those they did fell out. My scar is good. I hope your lawsuit goes well . I am not going to bother because we both know they will just offer to put in more non existent grafts that will not take .

p.s. That picture of Searle in the news under indictment is the same Searle I met.

DB - sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience. I look forward to checking out your pictures. Do you have any theories as to why the second procedure didn't take? Good luck and keep your head up - I understand your frustration but you still have a great head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I havent put up any photos because I have been too embarrassed. I feel like an idiot not only once, but twice ripped off. I paid for over 3000 grafts on my hairline . After all the moaning and belly aching I did on this site I have been left humiliated and ashamed.
    That blows man. Sorry to hear that things didn't go well. I was wondering how you were doing since I hadn't seen you around here for a while. I was hoping you were another success story that moved on like I hope to one day. I hope things eventually work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hello everyone.

I started this thread with the best intention of showing folks that hair transplants work, and that you dont necessarily have to go get the best and most expensive one out there. Just as long as the doctor knows what he or she is doing and our expectations are manageable , then there is little risk .
    See the attached thread

I tried to warn you that Lowest costs doesn't necessarily equate to best procedure / results

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...0-grafts/page2

Sorry for your results .

Perfect time for an "I told you so".