Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Amazing. I'm happy for you DB. If you don't mind sharing, what made you choose CHI for your procedure, compared to some of the other physicians who are known on this message board?
    Price was huge in my decision. However, that is just the starting point. Chris from Colorado Hair Institute and I spoke for almost a year straight before I made my decision. I will let you guys decide the quality of the work.

Smile One Month Post Op

Well here we are. One month in. Lets see how its starting out. I will let you guys be the judge

Here is the donor site. Still see the line quite well but its early days. They took my original scar and did a “Trichophytic Donor Closure” procedure to have hair grow right through the scar. I have my fingers crossed on this one.

Here is my crown. I have been on Fin since Jan 30th . It could be my imagination but I swear my hair looks thicker and fuller.

Here is a photo of the recipient site. Most of the second transplant has fallen out and there is still redness in the temple (sides) and some on top still. Note the difference in density from the frontal scalp and my natural density where I have not had MPS

Here is the biggest thing for me. My hairline. This is a one month photo after I took 16 shots of whisky

I now have to wait 3 months for the dormant hair starts to grow. Lets hope I can get rid of the redness by then

Looks good, DB! You definitely got me interested; please keep the updates coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DPAMike View Post
    Looks good, DB! You definitely got me interested; please keep the updates coming!!!
    Welcome Mike !!! Thanks for the encouragement. I will be making another entry on Nov 17th.

Well its been over two months and still no growth to report. An interesting note is that my first transplants seems a lot thicker now. I think it also has to do with the fact I have been on fin for almost a year.

I will update at 3 months.

Default 4 month update

Well .........its 4 months and I thought I would share my results. Nothing much happened since the operation. I have been confused as to why . It turns out to be far more difficult to judge a second procedure as the new hair is mixed in with the new hair from the first one and that one isnt finished growing in.

In my case, some new hairs are coming in but i would have to get a microscope out to figure out which ones they are. Only on my 'temple points' can I see new hairs that I know werent there before. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of the hair that was transplanted this time just kept right on growing.

This is because I no longer need 'kaboki' to thicken up my hair. Well, you guys be the judge. Let me know what you think so far.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The photos are not very bright nor in detail. I will have my hair cut tomorrow and take new photos .

Note.

I just want to add the caveat that I dont know if my hair thickening is due to the second transplant or the original hair transplant filling in more. It is very rare transplanted hair simply continues to grow. It usually falls out and goes dormant. I am basically guessing at this point.

Default 4 months after surgery (new haircut)

Let me know what you guys think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4 month front.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24763   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 month back.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24764   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 month sides.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	24765   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 moth side.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	24766  

Drybone, I'm wondering how things are going for you! I recently had a consult with Chris at CHI. Just wondering how things are looking, and if you would go back to CHI again? I love the price, but for the same reason, I am a little leery!

Quote Originally Posted by lookng View Post
    Drybone, I'm wondering how things are going for you! I recently had a consult with Chris at CHI. Just wondering how things are looking, and if you would go back to CHI again? I love the price, but for the same reason, I am a little leery!
    Hey Lookng.

I had the best time with CHI . They are very professional and treated me very well. As far as results go, Its been 4 1/2 months so its too soon to tell. I am keeping this diary so that others may decide for themselves.

Please keep checking for updates .I am updating it once a month from now on