Transplant prices are the reason! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Transplant prices are the reason!

I see so many complaints about not having any good treatments for Androgenic Alopecia. Obviously one of the best treatments available is a hair transplant. Doctors have jacked up the prices so high that its almost impossible for the average person to afford it. It's price gouging! How is it OK to take advantage of peoples desperation? If prices were 1$ per graft on the average we would have so much less complaining cause that treatment would be more readily available. I hope someone comes out with a cure and all of the overpriced surgeons go out of business. How can you charge like $20,000 and then have your nurses pick on someones head for 6 hours. RIDICULOUS.

The only thing that keeps me from getting an HT is the price, I really can't afford it, I would love to get one, i've done all of my homework on it, what doctors are the best, etc. I'm not complaining, I know it's hard work to perform the surgery, especially if you go to reputable doctor who's known for doing good HT's. Hopefully the day comes, that i'm not too old and have the money to do an HT.

BTW, you said you hope a cure will come. Unfortunately I think the closest thing we'll get to cure in our lifetime is just a more advanced technique of HT's. Something like hair cloning maybe. Don't expect some injection, spray, or lotion you rub on your head and then get a NW0 the next day. We'll probably be stuck with HT's our entire lives. While Smartphones will be able to transform into cars, people will regularly be using jetpacks to get to work, Express trains can take you from Times Square to Tokyo in 5 hours...guess what us hair loss sufferers will have? Finasteride and Minoxidil. LOL. You just have to laugh sometimes.

PatientlyWaiting I think most HT places offer financing options through banks/CCcompanies...Just finish school get a good job bro and start earning money and one day if you want one go for it. If you have the money, there is a good chance you will be able to enjoy the prime of your life! Especially if your treatments can maintain a nw4ish

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    While Smartphones will be able to transform into cars, people will regularly be using jetpacks to get to work, Express trains can take you from Times Square to Tokyo in 5 hours...guess what us hair loss sufferers will have? Finasteride and Minoxidil. LOL. You just have to laugh sometimes.
    The sad thing is that this will most likely end up being true. As far as the prices for hair transplants go, they are pretty high. Just like with most other cosmetic surgery; you pay extra for quality. I am sure there are plenty of surgeons that are more affordable, but like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Yeah that is something I always wondered. They make you pay top dollar but does the actual doctor perform the transplant or is it the staff below him/her?

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    I see so many complaints about not having any good treatments for Androgenic Alopecia. Obviously one of the best treatments available is a hair transplant. Doctors have jacked up the prices so high that its almost impossible for the average person to afford it. It's price gouging! How is it OK to take advantage of peoples desperation? If prices were 1$ per graft on the average we would have so much less complaining cause that treatment would be more readily available. I hope someone comes out with a cure and all of the overpriced surgeons go out of business. How can you charge like $20,000 and then have your nurses pick on someones head for 6 hours. RIDICULOUS.
    Transplants probably have retarded innovation within the hair loss research community. While I can afford a hair transplant, I don't want the scar for the rest of my life. If Pilofocus can come out, I may use that as a temporary solution. For you, there might be something cheaper on the market in the next 3-5. Keep hope.

invasive procedures dont sound very fun to me, and the big money in transplants is a negative to new treatments in MPB. That money might be better spent a few years from now, and keeping the hair you have is still something we need.

+1000

This is the same problem for me. I really have a good job and I think I earn more than the average, but I can't afford myself to pay $20k just like that.

Yeah I can get a loan, but still I will debt it. I've been saving money for the last year and I guess next year I would have the money to pay for 2k - 2.5k grafts FUE in Europe, because here in USA is not possible to do it unless you're millionaire.

The point still being why do I have to save for 2-3 years and then spent all my savings and start from zero again.

I'm willing to pay $2.5 - $3 per graft best surgeon here in US, but $10 graft is too insane.

Im hoping to get my first in late Nov of this year.

Im taking some cash in the bank and the rest as a 401K loan. Roughly 7K total, 3K oop, and 3500 401. At least my 401K loan is pre tax, pay back myself and doesnt go against my credit.

I have no kids (33 years old), and no interest in them so luckily that money is better saved elsewhere.

If you really want it then find the money. Finance it if you can, you dont have to finance it all, pay some out of pocket then finance the rest to make it manageable.

Rght now the doc is going to rebuild my front hairline and fill in the back. I know I will need another but this one will be long paid before that and Ill just do the process again.

And in a lot of cases transplants don't work. Look at rooneys 30k job. He looked better bald, now he looks as though he's glued barbers trimmings to his scalp, and he's still balding.
    In cases like that, for that amount of money is daylight robbery.
    I know that's a days wage for him but for the average guy that's a lifes saving.