Transplant prices are the reason! - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    The price is a joke, got quoted £10,000 for 2000 grafts, that would barely cover 1/3 of my bald head.

You can buy a house in Lithuania for that......

Makes me wonder, how much would a hair transplant be in Lithuania if you can buy a reasonable sized house for under 10k. Must be about 50pence for 10,000 grafts.

Lithuania it is......
    I think Dr. Bahtti charges $1/graft in India. And some really good fue surgeons like Dr. Doganay, Dr. Erdogan, and Dr. Demirsoy are located in Turkey and charge around 1-2.5 eu/graft.

A lot of the expensive in western countries is due to overhead, liability, and cost of living. These are much lower in India and Turkey and so the prices are much lower. Not sure about Lithuania though

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I think Dr. Bahtti charges $1/graft in India. And some really good fue surgeons like Dr. Doganay, Dr. Erdogan, and Dr. Demirsoy are located in Turkey and charge around 1-2.5 eu/graft.

A lot of the expensive in western countries is due to overhead, liability, and cost of living. These are much lower in India and Turkey and so the prices are much lower. Not sure about Lithuania though
    Think you meant "expense".

And to all else honestly I bet if shown once I could pull one off. If a technician could learn then why not anyone else?
    Its been established it could be done by those without a full medical background.
    It also been established those who do have the background can do HORRENDOUS work.
    I really don't get why those of you who disagree are so ignorant to the fact, unless your in the field and afraid of your rates being competativley forced down.
    I "personally" believe this is a process that could be done by someone without medical school. Aside infection what possibly could happen. You can't kill someone doing this unless maybe your using unsterilized tools in your machine shop after changing your oil or just a moron jabbing at someone's jugular. It seems there is no more sterilization needed than tattooing.

You need the tools and know how for extraction. Hell the tools do most of the work once the technique is down.
    Then you need the preservation liquid.
    Then the technique for replant. I could see a damn stylist knowing that. Hell talking to my hair cutter makes me think who better to know the natural flow of hair.

Sorry but you guys can flame all you want I still think the procedure is grossly overpriced, ESPECIALLY when there is zero recourse for refund, litigation, repair, etc if they do a bad job.
    There are no real regulatory boards for hair transplants, our laws here in the US are probably the only thing stopping this because it still falls under surgery. It seriously falls in the same category as a face lift or nose job where you can actually kill someone. Even lipo seems more dangerous than this.

Let me tell you I'll be the first in line when the Walmart of hair transplants come out because I know I will be able to afford the touch ups and repairs instead of flushing 10k on one botched job.

If those doctors you mentioned are actually really good, with those prices, I can get an FUE tomorrow. Not really, i'd need money for the plane ticket and stuff. The point is, $1-2.5 dollar per graft for FUE is really cheap. Almost too cheap, to the point that i'd be nervous of getting butchered the whole time sitting through the surgery. But anyway, i'll research these names you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If those doctors you mentioned are actually really good, with those prices, I can get an FUE tomorrow. Not really, i'd need money for the plane ticket and stuff. The point is, $1-2.5 dollar per graft for FUE is really cheap. Almost too cheap, to the point that i'd be nervous of getting butchered the whole time sitting through the surgery. But anyway, i'll research these names you mentioned.
    They are actually some of the best fue doctors in the world right now. Turkey has strangely become a hotspot for quality fue work. I would put the work of Dr. Doganay and Dr. Erdogan up against any top fue doctor in the world including Dr. Ferundini and Dr. Bisanga. I know most here hate on the hair restoration network, but both of these guys are now recommended there and have posted a bunch of work.

And Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Bahtti quite good as well and dirt cheap.

Oh I see it's 2 euro per graft. That's still cheaper than 6-8 dollars per FUE graft here.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Oh I see it's 2 euro per graft. That's still cheaper than 6-8 dollars per FUE graft here.
    I'm pretty sure Demirsoy charges 1eu/graft and I think Bahatti is $1/graft not 100% sure though.

Dogenay is impressive and posts some really detailed stuff here. I know he's in the IAHRS so he must be top notch. Here's a good video and some links he posted, impressive!
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14116

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Dogenay is impressive and posts some really detailed stuff here. I know he's in the IAHRS so he must be top notch. Here's a good video and some links he posted, impressive!
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14116
    Oh I didn't know he was posting on here too. Yeah he is putting out some great results.

Ya, he's is really looking like one of the better HT surgeons these days.

Oh I didn't know he was posting on here too. Yeah he is putting out some great results.