+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Wow you my friend are a moron. If any "Joe Shmoe" could perform a hair transplant then why are there thousands of cases of botched hair transplants? By your logic then every Joe Shmoe should be able to get into med school and practice medicine. Just open up a HT clinic in your garage and charge $0.05 per graft. Jesus Christ the level of intelligence on this forum has taken a serious nose dive!
    I'm willing to bet I could pull it off. It doesn't look like rocket science. Maybe your not smart enough to evaluate and research it but I've read up and watched many videos of the procedure being done and its not open heart surgery, sorry I do think its over priced.
    And as for your asinine comment on poorly done jobs, it doesn't take a degree to paint a house either but there are still crappy paint jobs so some people are just bad at the things they do. But your comment also makes my case as all those great doctors who finished medical school can't do it so obviously my bets are a regular guy who's got a knack and some artistic abilities could.
    I think the board intelligence in question is your own moronic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    I'm willing to bet I could pull it off. It doesn't look like rocket science. Maybe your not smart enough to evaluate and research it
    I am a second year PhD student in molecular biology focused in bacteriology and virology at a very well respected university, if you want to match wits and research prowess I'm available anytime.

but I've read up and watched many videos of the procedure being done and its not open heart surgery, sorry I do think its over priced.
    Oh so you watched some youtube videos and you think you can perform surgery now? Refer to my original comment for my opinion of your intelligence level.

And as for your asinine comment on poorly done jobs, it doesn't take a degree to paint a house either but there are still crappy paint jobs so some people are just bad at the things they do.
    Yeah it doesn't take a degree to paint a house but it does take a couple to perform surgery. Note your use of the word "either", analogy fail, good work.

But your comment also makes my case as all those great doctors who finished medical school can't do it so obviously my bets are a regular guy who's got a knack and some artistic abilities could.
    Wow it's amazing how your mind works, and that's not a compliment. So if there are any bad apples in any profession then by your own logic that job is easy and anyone can do it?

I think the board intelligence in question is your own moronic comment.
    That's because you're are suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect, it's ok you can google it.

I am a second year PhD student in molecular biology focused in bacteriology and virology at a very well respected university, if you want to match wits and research prowess I'm available anytime.

Whatever you want. A pHD doesn't make you "smart" by any means. I live around Yale and have talked to many "highly educated" individuals that didn't know their ass from their elbows or have a lick of common sense yet talked to people in the projects (where I Was raised) with no degrees that would blow you away. I have degrees in computer science yet can do a very many handy and various things and have had my IQ measuresd and its more than average. All the phd does is say you can read a book and learn the material you are interested in and schmooze up to some professors. I have a Bachelors, BUT I NEVER claim that makes me smart because that's walking right into bullet fire.Never say you're smart because you have a degree, that just proves how dumb and self conscious you really are.

Oh so you watched some youtube videos and you think you can perform surgery now? Refer to my original comment for my opinion of your intelligence level.

Sorry again this isn't open heart surgery. It's taking some very obvious tools and moving some hairs.
    http://www.**********************.com/bart4hair/albums/783

This guy did it TO HIMSELF, and he's alive. Now imagine if another person with his ingenuity and determination was helping him.

Yeah it doesn't take a degree to paint a house but it does take a couple to perform surgery. Note your use of the word "either", analogy fail, good work.

Wow it's amazing how your mind works, and that's not a compliment. So if there are any bad apples in any profession then by your own logic that job is easy and anyone can do it?

WOW you missed that point entirely, refer to my common sense comment. I would say that went so close over your head it took hair off but you are on this forum with me so that's probably not possible.

And not everyone could do it, just those who have some artistic abilities and common sense. I would say anyone can read a book and eventually set up a Domain and physical network in their house given some common sense, research and determination.

Why is it Doctors now leave their technicians to do most of the work?

In the end you may paint your house and have a room full of painters evaluate who say your work is crap and they wouldn't hire you to paint their dog house. Are they being honest or just really defending their place in the world? Is this what you are doing? Are you looking to eventually become a HT surgeon?

That's because you're are suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect, it's ok you can google it.

Thanks for your permission, I did google it. The difference is I can learn from my mistakes and my motto on people who can't do anything are suffering from their own fear of mistakes and thinking they will F something up beyond repair.

Again you need to see how the hairs should be placed and how to frame the face but honestly these are artistic abilities more than skills learned. Hence why some great surgeons may suck at HT. Im not saying You should be able to walk into Jiffy Lube for an oil change/FUE but really perhaps Luke who works at Jiffy Lube has the actual hustpa and would have made a great hair transplant surgeon given the ability to go to "school".
    Issue here is its a hair transplant. Just like anything else, its getting the basics and broadening on that.

Thanks for your permission, I did google it. The difference is I can learn from my mistakes and my motto on people who can't do anything are suffering from their own fear of mistakes and thinking they will F something up beyond repair.

Again you need to see how the hairs should be placed and how to frame the face but honestly these are artistic abilities more than skills learned. Hence why some great surgeons may suck at HT. Im not saying You should be able to walk into Jiffy Lube for an oil change/FUE but really perhaps Luke who works at Jiffy Lube has the actual hustpa and would have made a great hair transplant surgeon given the ability to go to "school".
    Issue here is its a hair transplant. Just like anything else, its getting the basics and broadening on that.
    Good job using the quote function!

I find it comical that you think I didn't understand your piss poor paint analogy, I understood it, it was just the worst attempt at analogy I have ever seen. The reasoning process with regards to analogy is a good indicator of intelligence, and your analogy attempt tells me more about you than all of your useless rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    All the phd does is say you can read a book and learn the material you are interested in and schmooze up to some professors.
    You obviously have no clue what PhD work entails, but once again you fall victim to Dunning–Kruger effect, confidently speaking about issues you know nothing about.

There is no point in me carrying on this conversation with someone incapable of basic reasoning. I'll leave you to ponder what other "over priced" professions you can become a youtube expert on. And no I have never and will never be perusing a career as a HT surgeon.

Good job using the quote function!

I find it comical that you think I didn't understand your piss poor paint analogy, I understood it, it was just the worst attempt at analogy I have ever seen. The reasoning process with regards to analogy is a good indicator of intelligence, and your analogy attempt tells me more about you than all of your useless rambling.

REALLY? WAS IT?

You obviously have no clue what PhD work entails, but once again you fall victim to Dunning–Kruger effect, confidently speaking about issues you know nothing about.

I know exactly what it entails. I still don't think it takes brains sorry. I know you want to put yourself on some pedestal like your going to be the next Einstein but in reality your PHD will prob get you a meager job at a pharma company barely making enough to pay your loans off.
    Seen it before you won't be the last.

There is no point in me carrying on this conversation with someone incapable of basic reasoning. I'll leave you to ponder what other "over priced" professions you can become a youtube expert on. And no I have never and will never be perusing a career as a HT surgeon.

You ignored the entire link I gave, and the comment about technicians who do the work, without medical school. I see you know I'm probably right then.
    Sorry "I" have no desire to keep this going. Your an arrogant little man, who probably isn't even what he says he is.

Sorry "I" have no desire to keep this going.
    I'm not really sure why you put I in quotation marks, are you trying to suggest that you are not really you? Nonetheless I'm glad to see "you" will quit typing.

This is a joke of a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    This is a joke of a thread!
    No it's not, we learned that swingline is capable of performing hair transplants after researching the subject on youtube. Maybe you can point him in the direction of some Gho videos so he can also achieve regeneration...

The price is a joke, got quoted £10,000 for 2000 grafts, that would barely cover 1/3 of my bald head.

You can buy a house in Lithuania for that......

Makes me wonder, how much would a hair transplant be in Lithuania if you can buy a reasonable sized house for under 10k. Must be about 50pence for 10,000 grafts.

Lithuania it is......

No it's not, we learned that swingline is capable of performing hair transplants after researching the subject on youtube. Maybe you can point him in the direction of some Gho videos so he can also achieve regeneration...
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.